• titanic 015.JPG
    titanic 015.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 672

tater307

Apr 18, 2011
Farmland Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS, Troy Shadow X3, Ace 250
Wow what an amazing find. I found one similiar here on beach front propery here in indiana. My bell was made of gold though and had some shiny crystals on it. Thank god i recycled it :headbang: LOL

oldsalty19

Silver Member
May 29, 2011
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LICKLEY STORIE ABOUT THAT CHIPPY BEING FROM PA LMAO :headbang:

OP
OP
kieser sousa/rip

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks y'all. ;D I cant wait to find my first GW buttton ! :thumbsup:

Attachments

• gw button 036.JPG
    gw button 036.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 582

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
Wow, I am impressed, I would really like to "find" one of those unique, vintage looking tools that they obviously used back then to "correctly label" the item so it can be identified with great ease... This is the first time I have seen such a magnificant "marking device" and to think they were using that 100+ years ago... Amazing.

Happy hunting.

p.s.- I would be pretty happy with that bell too-Were there any good nuts inside the bell?... and to be from the titanic none the less, I bet its worth a dollar or two...

Chris.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Well i"m sure we all know people who make "fantastic" finds out of ordinary junk! congrats on your cool bell Terry!

OP
OP
kieser sousa/rip

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cntrydncr1 said:
Well i"m sure we all know people who make "fantastic" finds out of ordinary junk! congrats on your cool bell Terry!
Thanks Deb ! You should see what i can do with some chocolate gold coins and "shoestring" licorice ! ;D

TheRockDoc said:
Wow, I am impressed, I would really like to "find" one of those unique, vintage looking tools that they obviously used back then to "correctly label" the item so it can be identified with great ease... This is the first time I have seen such a magnificant "marking device" and to think they were using that 100+ years ago... Amazing.

Happy hunting.

p.s.- I would be pretty happy with that bell too-Were there any good nuts inside the bell?... and to be from the titanic none the less, I bet its worth a dollar or two...

Chris.

Thanks Chris....no nuts...no balls..............no glory ! ;D

S

stefen

One would wonder if the site where it was found was "Salted" and the bell was actually found at a garage sale!

All kinds of red flag and alarms are going off.

However the protocol of TN does not allow me to question or challenge the post. :BangHead:

OP
OP
kieser sousa/rip

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stefen said:
One would wonder if the site where it was found was "Salted" and the bell was actually found at a garage sale!

All kinds of red flag and alarms are going off.

However the protocol of TN does not allow me to question or challenge the post. :BangHead:

oh all right ...I lied the chipmunk was realy a woodchuck. ;D

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome finds people! By that I don't mean that someone called "awesome" finds people. What I meant to say was way ta go dude! This is not to suggest that anyone should conduct himself in a manner agreeable to my personal philosophy of life, nor is it to be misconstrued as being limited to the male sex only.

I feel that we're bonding now so may I offer a well-meaning suggestion? Just because the bell appears to be made of metal doesn't mean it really is (made of metal I mean). Obviously it's from the Titanic but you never know about the substance from which it was made. I heard of another such case where someone found a gun from the Titanic but after inspection by a team of experts it was determined it was really made of soap (which greatly lowered it's selling price at auction).

Here's my leg up to such a great find! Well done!
The BADGER

OP
OP
kieser sousa/rip

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michigan Badger said:
Awesome finds people! By that I don't mean that someone called "awesome" finds people. What I meant to say was way ta go dude! This is not to suggest that anyone should conduct himself in a manner agreeable to my personal philosophy of life, nor is it to be misconstrued as being limited to the male sex only.

I feel that we're bonding now so may I offer a well-meaning suggestion? Just because the bell appears to be made of metal doesn't mean it really is (made of metal I mean). Obviously it's from the Titanic but you never know about the substance from which it was made. I heard of another such case where someone found a gun from the Titanic but after inspection by a team of experts it was determined it was really made of soap (which greatly lowered it's selling price at auction).

Here's my leg up to such a great find! Well done!
The BADGER

LOL ! I dident think to cheak that it may be made of soap...in that case it could be a Fantasy piece put out there by Al Capone ! .........I may have to cunsult the experts in the what is it forum. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread