Barber and A Penny Token

SoCalMark

Dec 28, 2006
Inland Empire
Detector(s) used
MXT, Explorer II
Found my third Barber half while searching todays boxes. I also found this Penny/Token. It appears to be from the Masons. Anybody have any info? Also found 3 Bens, 8 64's and 29 40%. Not great for six boxes, but I'll take it!

Thanks for looking, Mark

1915Barber001.jpg
1915Barber002.jpg
1915Barber003.jpg
1915Barber004.jpg

Upvote 0

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent find SCM!! That's your third one?? That is sweet. Congrats.

It still amazes me that these are still being found.

utah hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Utah county, Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-terra 70, Fisher F75, eyes, brain
Nice finds, I love both of those coins. The token is definitely masonic, and they were made until about 1960. There were many made for chapters all over the country, and the value is usually about $4 on up. The contact info for that lodge is at: http://www.ohiodistrict22.org/lodgelst.html , just scroll down to elyria. They might pay decent money to get one back if you want to sell it. Good luck...Ryan

oldred

Jan 21, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excaliber
Nice job Mark especially on the Barbers. Still fair number for 6 boxes. I've went through 6 straight skunk boxes more than once!

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
<<It appears to be from the Masons. Anybody have any info? Also found 3 Bens, 8 64's and 29 40%. Not great for six boxes, but I'll take it!
>>

Not great?

Dude, I just finished four more boxes. Found ONE 40%. total. in four boxes.

I have now gone through 12 boxes total, and found 4 - 40% in the 12 boxes. No Bens, no 90%, and no 87's. Certainly no WL's.

That's four coins to your 40, and you did it in 6 boxes versus my 12. OUCH.

So, today marks my "I'm done with halves" limit. Twelve boxes and getting only four keepers? Just not worth it. I'll ask for hand rolled ones that come in to the bank in the future, but not ordered boxes. I just think that where they get the boxes things are either already searched or they have a way to look for silver themselves. I can't see how there are so few coins in what I get here. And NO silver that could be seen from the rims. Not one in 12 boxes. Nope, something is wrong in my supplier, and I need to be wise. So I'll concentrate elsewhere, and see if that works better for me. :-)

But, I'm done with halves for now, until I figure a way to get better results.

Thanks still goes out to LJ for her being my CRH heroine. I see what she is accomplishing, and although it seems I can't repeat it out here, I'm impressed. :-)

John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread