Barber site today...

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
CRUSHED ME!!! Went to the "Barber Site" -- an early 1900s recreation area where I hit as many as five Barbers one day a while back, but today the Barber site scalped me...about six hours of walking through sticker bushes, hanging on trees to detect over the side of cliffs, etc., and all I got was a wheatie and a clad dime. But...some kids came by and were all excited, so I gave them the clad dime (with permission of their folks, of course). They were all happy and it made me feel better about the crappy luck. There was also a spectacular, clear view down the Hudson River and I sat on an empty beach and enjoyed the view. Huge "platforms" of ice moved by, sometimes snapping in half in the 40 + weather as they melted, making a big crashing sound. So, I got a lot of exercise and I guess it could have been worse -- Earthworks could have been videotaping me all day finding nothing! ;D

Upvote 0

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bummer Bergie...What would you have done if you would a received a good signal while hanging on trees....ha?? I guess hang on the tree to dig it.....

Nice gesture giving that dime to the dime to the kids.

Hope your luck is better next time.

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Well it happens. Sorry to hear of your bad luck. Do you think you cleaned the place out? When I don't find anything in a "hot spot" I usually go back to the most productive places of that site.

Bob

fishboymike

Jul 21, 2005
Athens, GA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 pro
Hey Bergie hows about next time taking you camera and taking that Hudson river pic. Living in Ga now, before that about 6 yrs in FL the only water Ive seen frozen in a while is the cubes in my ice tea, Thanks, Mike

OP
OP
bergie

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Yes, I do believe it's searched out now...I don't like saying that because everyone always feels it's never searched out but I am pretty confident about it now.

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Bummer about your day, but I have fond memories of the Tappan Zee. Heard stories that in the old days, guys would cross the river on solid ice in their horseless carriages. Might be true, might not, but I wouldn't mind a few hours along the Hudson again. In fact, if I ever get back, I have a site in mind...

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good you got out! Too much snow here but it is melting. HH, Mike

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
fishboymike said:
Hey Bergie hows about next time taking you camera and taking that Hudson river pic. Living in Ga now, before that about 6 yrs in FL the only water Ive seen frozen in a while is the cubes in my ice tea, Thanks, Mike

Same here! ;D

Sorry you got skunked Bergie. Go find some more goodies and quit "monkeying" around!

HH,
Moon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread