barbers and bees

jonhls

Nov 10, 2006
went to old park for a short hunt this morning and thought i would try woods along edge of creek......started off very good after about 4 swings i got a 1912 barber dime at about 2 inches....tells me this area has not been hunted.picked up 4 wheats 2 44's a 36 and a very rough 18 before i hit another nice silver tone.naturally this one was under a root.....while trying to get to it a hornet started buzzing around my head...i swatted at it for a bit before it finally landed on ground long enough for me to step on it,i looked around a bit then knelt back down and put probe in hole to try to locate coin....well it appeared to be directly under the root and hard to get to,as i started scraping loose dirt out i felt something on my arm,i looked and thought another damn bee......bafore i could even stand up i had about 20 of them buzzing around me.....i sure would like to know what that coin was.....im thinking ill try again tomorrow should be settled down a bit by then lol....sorry no pics damn scanner is down...hh jon

Upvote 0

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Silver bees, don't ya just hate em.

B

BIG61AL

Mother nature really like to throw those curve balls at ya. You know where the target is, that's the hard part, the digging up later will be easy.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't forget to take a can of WHOOPA$$ with you to spray in that hole. That is probably the first order of BEESness. ;D ;D You probably encountered yellowjackets in that hole, and there are many, MANY more than 20 hiding out in there. Don't take a chance. The only good yellowjackets are dead ones. My first encounter with them was about 10 years ago when I was Civil War relic hunting in the woods in Virginia. I had well over a dozen stings, and now as a result I am deathly allergic to them! (Although I didn't find that interesting little fact out until another detectin' trip about a year ago.)

Regards,

Buckleboy

MissyW72

Jun 25, 2007
Houston
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
BuckleBoy said:
Don't forget to take a can of WHOOPA$$ with you to spray in that hole. That is probably the first order of BEESness.

Your so silly!!! :D :D :D :D

No messing around when it comes to bees in the south, they could be Killer :'(

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting