BARBERS anyone ?

retire05

Feb 16, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got 2 "V" nickels 1900 and 1910. 1900 was hammered, but the 1910 was in great condition...Brad

srcdco

Dec 11, 2006
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Nox-800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got an 1899 Barber dime in a box last week, which makes 2 for this year and 4 overall. The other this year was a 1913 back in January. Previous to that, I got a 1906 and 1916 years ago.

Scott

iammoleman2

Oct 30, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
1889 V nickel from cwr last month. It is so worn I first thought it was a slug. Still cool though.

TroutBumDave

Jan 8, 2015
Northern Utah
Detector(s) used
White's Coin Master 6000/D -- Garrett GTI 2500 -- Etrac
Primary Interest:
Other
Last night I grabbed a bunch of CWR's from a bank that I don't normally go to, and I'm sure glad I did. There were a few that had writing on them, so I saved them for last -- but I did take a little peek...

image.jpg

The nickels actually had double Buff enders, and it was all I could do to not break it open. Instead, I opened all the plain ones and saved the "good ones" for my little girl to open.

All of the rolls I opened were crap, until something popped out of a nickel roll. At first, I thought it was a blank planchet, which would've been a first for me, and I was excited. Upon further investigation...

image.jpg

Uhh...

image.jpg

Ya, that's awesome.

The good news is, it got a whole lot better after that:

image.jpg

Barber dime, seated dime (who cares if it's punched?!), one merc, twelve silver Rosies, two v-nicks, five war nick's, and over 100 wheat cents.

My eight year old was screaming like she'd just won the lottery; it was pretty bad ass.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Trout: very nice catch you pulled there, and I'm extremely glad your little girl was there to see it happen, which I hope she'll continue CRH on her own when she grows up.
Congrats again & MERRY XMAS.

foundinrolls

Jun 6, 2006
Occasional finds

Occasionally Barber coins show up in rolls. Heres a dime that I find awhile ago.

Attachments

• 1911-dime.jpg
    1911-dime.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 101

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread