Barbers for me and Jr..

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ray Jr. (33)and I went to play a small town park from the 1880's.. Everytime we went out he'd say "today is the day for that Barber half".. That's all we needed to finish the 20th century coin folder we have.. Well this time he just said good luck, and off we went... First signal I dug with my M6 (5.3 coil) was a small high tone blip between two pieces of junk, one iron and one tab.. I popped the plug at 6" and there on the bottom of the plug a 1893 Barber half!! I yelled "big silver" and when his eyes saw the eagle his eyes about popped out!!
We continued to detect around a large tree next to the horseshoe pits.. I found a couple Indians and the a 1905 Barber dime..A little later he yelled I found a 1896 Barber quarter!! We went back for a couple hours the next day and found a pocket full of clad and handful of wheaties.. So we ended up with 5 Indian heads, 1864, 86, 93, 98, and a 1900.. Silver dimes and quarters to boot..
This is about 5 hours of detecting..
The Rays
Jr. posted in todays finds a few days ago also..

Attachments

• wh2.JPG
    wh2.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 178
  • fr2.JPG
    fr2.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 178
  • b2.JPG
    b2.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 180
  • wh2.JPG
    wh2.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 162
  • fr2.JPG
    fr2.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 170
  • b2.JPG
    b2.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 169
WOW! :thumbsup: WHAT A GREAT HUNT, WTG!!!

What a great hunt!

I'm glad you're not hunting up around us otherwise there wouldn't be any oldies left :D

DUUUDE! SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!

I can't wait until I find one of those BBH's or BBQ's... great job on filling out your coin collection!

Very nice finds all around, and completely incredible for 5 hours of hunting.

Yeah baby! That's picking the slims alright! Nice hunt!

wow, that is a great hunt, congrats to you guys big time! :thumbsup: love all those old coins!

Holy Cow is right! Looks like a great spot you guys found... WTG!!

Wow, you guys hit the jackpot!
You've done better than me in 5 hours than I've done in 5 months.
Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back