barbie doll pics added

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
I picked up a 1960 #3 barbie today at a thrift store...for those who don't know the 1959-61 ponytail barbies have 5 varities the 1 an 2 is most valueable 3 is the next valueable.. all look pretty much the same if you don't know what your looking at.. they also repro the 1959-61 in the 90's .. I asked to see it they wanted 15.00 for it.. someone had left the earrings in her ears all these years an she had green ear..it is pretty normal for them to have green ear but does affect value some... so I asked would she go lower on the price..she said yeah how much you give me? The lady working an I have been friends for a long time so I jokely said oh no I am not playin that game... you tell me a price an we will work on that..so she said 7.50?? I knew what I was looking at so I said yeah I will give you 7.50

Attachments

• 1959-60barbie 001.jpg
    1959-60barbie 001.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 451
  • 1959-60barbie 002.jpg
    1959-60barbie 002.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 467
  • 1959-60barbie 003.jpg
    1959-60barbie 003.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 520
OP
OP
creeper71

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
Re: barbie doll

kyriverpirate said:
You did well my wife collected those for years.
thanks, Barbies are nothing to guess with or you can lose ur asre pretty quick if you don't know what ur looking at... I wish I would have bought the porcilan ones from the 90's some of them are worth a ton now...

btw does your wife know how to cure the green ear? both are green an hasn't spread yet.. I was just happy the doll had both orginal earrings

OP
OP
creeper71

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA

J-dude said:
Nice find! I was just looking at the sold listings of those on eBay and they are worth good money!
yes they are!! but you need to know what your looking at cause the anniversary editions look almost exactly like the orginals... you buy on of them by mistake you in trouble...lol

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

creeper71 said:
J-dude said:
Nice find! I was just looking at the sold listings of those on eBay and they are worth good money!
yes they are!! but you need to know what your looking at cause the anniversary editions look almost exactly like the orginals... you buy on of them by mistake you in trouble...lol

Which is exactly why I don't buy vintage barbies. I just don't have the time to educate myself on something I see so rarely.

OP
OP
creeper71

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA

bazinga said:
creeper71 said:
J-dude said:

Which is exactly why I don't buy vintage barbies. I just don't have the time to educate myself on something I see so rarely.
this is the 3rd time I HAVE FOUND A 1959-61 Barbie in 2years...

OP
OP
creeper71

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
cyberdan said:
creeper71 said:
added pics
WOW, that is the first time I have seen her with clothes on. :o
haha yeah most of the time she is naked, mine has nipples..from what I was told (don't know if true) that some had nipples an some didn't.. For those who don't know the clothes on my Barbie aren't orginal the orginal clothes is a zebra stripe one peice bathsuit sun glasses an hi heels

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
added pics
WOW, that is the first time I have seen her with clothes on.
Ha Ha Ha, Thanks for the giggle on this early morning. Just hit a funny bone!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice find on the Barbie doll. I try to educate myself in a wide variety of antiques and collectibles. If your a seller as well as a collector, then it's good to be diverse. It opens the door for many new finds that you would have otherwise passed by, unknowingly and unnoticed.

OP
OP
creeper71

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA

diggummup said:
bazinga said:
creeper71 said:
J-dude said:

Seems like the only thing you have time for is making unnecessary comments.

Nice find on the Barbie doll. I try to educate myself in a wide variety of antiques and collectibles. If your a seller as well as a collector, then it's good to be diverse. It opens the door for many new finds that you would have otherwise passed by, unknowingly and unnoticed.
I try to learn basics of 2 different items ayear.. Dig's you actually problywould have like to see my face when I realized it was a 1959-60 Barbie.. I asked to see it cause it was tuck up in a old dark case an I flipped it over to see if Japan was on her foot didn't see it so I talkin to my friend who works at the thrift an the sunlight hit the dolls foot just right an I seen JAPAN .. I immeditely asked her if she would go any lower thinking she would say no an I would have paid the 15.00 but I always have to least try to get a better bargin..lol I never thought it would go from 15.00 to 7.50 tho

Shambler

Aug 18, 2008
Under the Trees
We saw "your" barbie, and it's groovy! I think you did a GREAT job! Are you listing it on ebay? I'm curious what it will go for.... (REALLY curious!) :wink:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shambler said:
We saw "your" barbie, and it's groovy! I think you did a GREAT job! Are you listing it on ebay? I'm curious what it will go for.... (REALLY curious!) :wink:
bazingas Alter Ego ::) ::) ::)

OP
OP
creeper71

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
diggummup said:
Shambler said:
bazingas Alter Ego ::) ::) ::)
true that... Dig's there was some real ignortant stuff put on here I had removed...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread