Bargaining With Banks

occy

Oct 21, 2012
St Aug
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal sword
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Have any of you tried setting up a regular order or a regular dump at a bank, using your mortgage loan as a bargaining chip? I am about to refinance, and I might be inclined to give it to a bank that would let me either order or dump on the reg, as long as the rate and terms were good.

I know people use their checking and savings accounts in this way. Is this possible because tellers get a commission or have a quota to hit as far as signups?
HH, thanks all.

Upvote 0

jr98119

Sep 21, 2011
The Paris of Appalachia
Detector(s) used
bare hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have any of you tried setting up a regular order or a regular dump at a bank, using your mortgage loan as a bargaining chip? I am about to refinance, and I might be inclined to give it to a bank that would let me either order or dump on the reg, as long as the rate and terms were good.

I know people use their checking and savings accounts in this way. Is this possible because tellers get a commission or have a quota to hit as far as signups?
HH, thanks all.
At my main pickup bank, I have 1 business account, 2 checking accounts, 1 savings account, a second mortgage and 2 credit cards. I can't say that this bank (small and local) would have been less accomodating if I didn't have all of the above, but you never know... I think you should discuss your pickup/dumping request with them as you are requesting a refinance, but before you sign.

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
if you wanna pay your motgage with halves i doubt they can say no tho you may wear out your welcome

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
if you wanna pay your motgage with halves i doubt they can say no tho you may wear out your welcome

I've been paying my motgage with halves for a year now, just made a payment today infact, 1000 in dumps and the rest with cash. HH, Maverick.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I have many investments with my dump bank including my mortgage, they have never givin me any grief about dumping, though I don't go dump crazy on them. Now if they ever ssaid anything to me about dumping my coins, I would tell them to sit down with me and take a look at what I have invested with them and that the lousy 1000 dollars a week I bring to a branch of theirs is a drop in the ocean compared to what they make and have made off of me in the last 25 years I've been with them. I would say a mortgage would definetily be a great barganing tool with your dump bank. HH, Maverick.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maverick speaks words of wisdom. I agree fully, bargaining chips are the absolute BEST way to secure a dump bank. Any bargaining chip will do!

Nydus Touch

Jan 9, 2013
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
When I first started looking through a box or two of dimes a month, my local credit union basically told me to pound sand. Rather than trying to twist their arm I moved my account somewhere else after having asked a lot questions on the front end. I don't dump a ton, but I plan on bringing cookies one of these days. I have to imagine that it will go over well. Is it common place for people to have accounts at different banks just to CRH?

OP
OP
occy

occy

Oct 21, 2012
St Aug
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal sword
Primary Interest:
I've been paying my motgage with halves for a year now, just made a payment today infact, 1000 in dumps and the rest with cash. HH, Maverick.
Do you really?

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any loan or other profitable (for the bank) business arrangement with a bank is a good way to get a bank to up with CRH-related requests. My first pick-up bank was the place I had my mortgage, main checking and savings accounts, etc. It's amazing a few other banks put up with my picking up or dumping since I have small accounts with them. That said, I keep to a low volume.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Is it common place for people to have accounts at different banks just to CRH?

Yes, some CRHers even have like 20 accounts. Juts make sure to not open them within a short period, as that may trigger red flags.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I first started looking through a box or two of dimes a month, my local credit union basically told me to pound sand. Rather than trying to twist their arm I moved my account somewhere else after having asked a lot questions on the front end. I don't dump a ton, but I plan on bringing cookies one of these days. I have to imagine that it will go over well. Is it common place for people to have accounts at different banks just to CRH?

very common

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Word of advice: every single bank you open an account at, use your new account as a bargaining chip from the get go

unroller

Dec 28, 2012
FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

HH, thanks all.

Yes....your business helps them. Just explain your hobby and ask them how YOU can help them in return. It may be opening a simple additional acct. or something else. I got unlimited order and bag dumping at one bank (which I respectfully use) for taking out a HELOC and super box dumping at another for taking out an auto loan.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
occy said:
Do you really?

Yes, I honestly do. There are other members that do the same thing too, hey, it's one dump a month that you can definitely make if they want their mortgage payment, right? Lol. HH, maverick.

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
I opened a sizable saving account with a regional bank, and have earned unlimited depositing privileges of coin. Rolled, in a jar, bag, "whatever" I want. I still have not brought them more than 10 boxes of halves at a time, but now when my bags arrive I'll start using them. They go out of their way to please me, and I pay it back and go out of my way to not be a nuisance to them. We can all make this work if we don't abuse the system.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread