LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro + ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oh Kellyco....your tactics....so dirty.

Type in BigBoysHobbies.COM and it redirects you instantly to Kellyco.
Type in BigBoysHobbies.NET and it directs you CORRECTLY to Bart.

All I want to say to you Kellyco: "That's just about as bad as your awful junky bundles."

Talk to you again on Payday/Monday Bart:).
Talk to you again...well....never Kellyco. Thanks for never answering my emails too btw.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
life.gif
OMG - you are right (BigBoysHobbies.COM) - dirty pool!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many companies buy the other web names of Competitors if available , it is just a marketing strategy. When someone buys a web name for their business they better buy .net, .com and .org....

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
I hear ya Treasure_Hunter (marketing strategy) - but that doesn't make it right and still reflects negatively on the vendor doing it (IMHO).

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just normal operating procedures for big companies...... I have seen it many times....

Wyomingmedic

Jan 31, 2013
The black hole between Montana and Colorado.
Detector(s) used
Truffle seeking pig modified for metal.

The results have been so-so

When the pig fails me (which is often), I am relegated to a CTX3030 *sigh*. Like the dark ages or something.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it is funny, and a smart marketing tool. Why not do whatever you can to broaden you customer horizons.

And if I were Bart, I would take it as a compliment.

Very funny though.

WM

junkless

Nov 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it is funny, and a smart marketing tool. Why not do whatever you can to broaden you customer horizons.

And if I were Bart, I would take it as a compliment.

Very funny though.

WM

A compliment it is, even if it has alternative intentions. If you are on the radar of the big players in the industry you must be doing something right.

Potts

Oct 13, 2010
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe it's just me......But my thoughts of Kellyco reminds me of big box store like Walmart that sells Metal Detectors..... Bart reminds me someone that owns a Mom & Pop shop..... Myself Big Boys Hobbies is No#1 for purchasing Medal Detectors and accessories....

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
I am surprised how many member's feel their is nothing wrong with buying someone's elses business name (with a different org, net, etc.) domain and redirecting it to their business (intentionally). You have a (small) business that has invested money (might be their life savings) to start up a business but didn't purchase all available domain extensions (i.e., ORG, NET, BIZ, etc.) and another company purchases the name and redirects it to another store front. Personally, IMHO, I find this "business model" similiar to Identity Theft. Anyway - that is my opinion and we all know how much that is worth!
killingme.gif

OP
OP
L

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro + ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you all very much for your responses, I tried to "like" them all!!! After reading them, here's my next imput-
Is it a good marketing strategy? Yes. "Good" as in it worked, as in I probably went to kellyco a handful of times because I entered .com instead of .net. "Good" as in it's right/fair? Hell No.
Junkless and Wyomingmedic you both NAILED it with the compliment thing. Sure it's nice, obviously kellyco does see him as a threat(as they should seeing how I JUST spent over $700 on March 3rd with Bart) and that's why they are trying to steal away any little bit they can from Bart.
Just reading the BigBoysHobbies forum compared to Kellyco's easily shows anybody how Kellyco acts.
If you'd like to steal things from Bart there Kellyco, maybe you should steal his customer service skills along with the ability to EMAIL PEOPLE BACK.
You the man Bart, can't wait for my detector on Monday:)!!!!!
Kellyco, I am officially changing my vocab in my brain to permanently say KellyNO.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kellyco is a supporting vendor any general attacks not involving a direct sale or order issue will be deleted the same as will be and has ben done in past against any supporting vendors.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread