Basic signs and symbols you have found

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello oddrock, that looks to me like its a wonderful example of a corner marker ( sholder / head high ), it may be something that the face is a direction and the reverse indicates two directions, if thats a drill hole for an eye that may indicate a third direction and I think I would try the reverse of it just for fun which would indicate the fourth direction which would indicate you have found the section of ground, all four sides of the section should have corner markers at 2.5 miles interervials and should indicate four directions if there's only three directions to follow then it may be something like a triangle, heart, cross with a cripple arm, a T . I believe you have four directions at this location, If you look at all the corner markers there seems to be something different at each direction ie a fish ( shark ) should be what you look for along the trail, drill hole in th other directions, the distance may be 1/4 mile 1320 feet and the markers may be waist high. Good luck

Last edited:

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Minelab ,White's, others and B.S. sniffer
Hello Dsty

Did find other fish markers, two were upright with closed mouth, (posted a pic of one awhile back that had a drill hole and hash marks). 2.5 mile intervals does fit. Found the fourth fish (flounder cut in stone) at 7.5 miles....

Have a great day!

Oddrock

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Thanks for the update oddrock, I think if everyone would work together more info would be avialable to share, theres so many locations there could one for Cache sites, Mines, Church, and I believe it would take a hundred treasure hunters a life time to even get close to get them figured out. Thanks to the ones that contrubite and to even the lookers, the main thing is to have fun and always be safe ITS a hobby

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
The thought's about corner markers, trail markers between corner markers (waist high) and when you find those that are knee high is when things start get interesting, all have something to offer in the form forming a pattern and it enables you to recoginize what you found as being understood, Those that are waist high means trail marker, if its 6 foot long then its also a corner marker, double duty, if theres a symbol on it then theres 3 pieces of information, all have useful information and I thank you all for the help with your posting and boots on the ground. If I can find the small egg with a heart that my grandson found in one of our adventures I will post it

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Thom here is a bump back to the top, Thanks for the Knowledge you have shared with evryone, I remember your encourgment on my 1st post, its been awhile.

PO8

Jul 16, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Aqua-Pulse, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Thom,
I've been away [password issues], am back and enjoy your [and all else (except1)] comments and teachings. In the Hoyo pic [now 673].. isn't that an arrow in the center, where your red line intersects?
P

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Springfield, I may have not made myself clear, they used tunnels , large square cuts outs in limestone, caves and many more others than a hole in the ground, lots have been posted. I do think they used different symbols for different things, Vaults , mines , caches, trail markers, for the most part I think the size matters, don't make any sence for them to use an elephant as D.M. Lost Horse found, or a 30 ft rattle snake when the object is 200 feet away

I believe DSTY is right. Square holes and I have seen triangle ones. It helps to study how they constructed sites.

hole 2.jpg

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whale rock.

This is my new rock. It has some strange markings, glyphs, carvings, iron smears. I have bought books, spent many hours on the net, but nothing comes up. Im not seeing faces, no p word involved. The rock is balanced on a small ledge, I have seen this before. It looks like it could come down at any time. The back side has a lizard smear mark, and there is a small opening, going up, then down under the large rock. On top of this rock is a round hole with some wood still in it, like a post was inserted. There is a small gathering of stones behind this rock about 2 foot across or more. They resemble animals, you will find several animal faces there. Under one rock is a line with two dots on a square rock, hidden under the shadow of a larger rock overhang. Pictures are easier than words, but my question is, what does everyone else see? What does this say about the trail. There is several areas I will explore here this summer. I believe this may have been a camp and Im hoping to find some small caches. Here is some photos, some I have posted before.

Attachments

• eye.png
    eye.png
    381.5 KB · Views: 147
  • animalfaces.jpg
    animalfaces.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 135
  • cross.jpg
    cross.jpg
    376.2 KB · Views: 125

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
This is my new rock. It has some strange markings, glyphs, carvings, iron smears. I have bought books, spent many hours on the net, but nothing comes up. Im not seeing faces, no p word involved. The rock is balanced on a small ledge, I have seen this before. It looks like it could come down at any time. The back side has a lizard smear mark, and there is a small opening, going up, then down under the large rock. On top of this rock is a round hole with some wood still in it, like a post was inserted. There is a small gathering of stones behind this rock about 2 foot across or more. They resemble animals, you will find several animal faces there. Under one rock is a line with two dots on a square rock, hidden under the shadow of a larger rock overhang. Pictures are easier than words, but my question is, what does everyone else see? What does this say about the trail. There is several areas I will explore here this summer. I believe this may have been a camp and Im hoping to find some small caches. Here is some photos, some I have posted before.

Well..the first one I see some old figures and maybe letters that are faded away. Along the same lines..I see some rough faded stuff that would indicate religious influence by one of the orders. Jesuit would be my guess. Just political hot air when they were in their ascendancy about them and the natives.

More concrete is the hole, and you got a dog on a stick..as i like to call them. Note the angle on it and how one ear is pointed, the other rounded. The bear which is other things too..what is he doing?What is going on there. xxcasca.JPG

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks DM, The bear is coming out of his cave, the dog is looking at the bear. The upside down "V" is a pointer, and also means underground. I believe one sign says there is also a trail to the right. What you see is setting at place where you can see the entire valley to the east. Within 10' feet of this rock is two entrances, one into the mountain, and one into the whale. You can see through cracks in the rocks they are stacked here, and not solid underneath. Last time here I stepped on a rattlesnake. I could not see the snake but hear him, he was very upset. There is turtles involved here, one laying a egg below, and mating turtle above. While there does appear a Jesuit influence, there is also Mayan, and KGC marks in the nearby area. The dog on a stick is very popular sign in the area, it is usually looking at something. While I enjoy finding faces, I tend to enjoy the animal signs, and the geometry that is presented. I look at things how they lay in reference to a compass reading now also. I have always been tempted to take a piece of string and grid everything out. I hope my health allows me to go back to this spot and spend a whole day there exploring. You have to take your lunch on this one and get a early start. My last visit out here I had large aggressive bee's and had to turn back. There is a natural crack all the way up the mountain, and a chimney rock also present. I think many people used this spot, it would only take a few people to defend it. About a 1/4 mile away is a large heart, owl, whale, and snake. All within 100' feet of each other. I have found these signs up high also. I also have some juniper trees that form a cross, and the cross points to yet another area I have not explored. These small cities in rocks are fabulous, Im hoping to find some tunnels and I have one spot they backfilled with a calichi like concrete. The double J is also a clear sign the KGC was here also. But no other KGC sign exist that I can see. This spot is very peaceful, and for the brief time I am there, very relaxing. Most sites I find modern trash, bullets, and the such. This site is clean, too clean. Its like someone took a large fire hose and started at the top of the mountain and washed everything away. I do have one odd spot, looks like someone erased a sign and then put concrete over it. Cant cover it all, more pictures would confuse and distract. I have not visited this thread for a bit, but needed a reality check and figured I could get one here. Now Im back to being the Nomad, thanks for the info DM. (you should see what Im working now).

cmaracing

Mar 30, 2012
New Bedford, Mass
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Garrett PP.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Obelisk

Hi all,

This is one rock formation that I have been researching for a long time and mapped out the area, it has a flat base that the obelisk looking stone sits on when erect, but the way its laying down it looks like its pointing in a direction.
As a point of reference this rock formation is located in southern Massachusetts.

Attachments

• DSC00109.jpg
    DSC00109.jpg
    661.5 KB · Views: 169

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Casca...Mayan...hmmmm but not Aztec. Tell you what...keep an eye open for this gal..likely nothing to do with treasure hunting but more likely as a marker of a tribal story or event and related travel by a group. Am curious if she pops up in your area.

For the "warrior maiden" you may find her in a position where she is bending over to wake up a sleeping figure. Her story has many variations and is an old one. It likely will not be carved, but rather stained or painted.

Also check out the mountain sides about 3-4 pm looking for large geometric sun lit figures...pretty faint at least 60-100 feet on a side and can be much bigger. If you see any..drop me a line we can compare notes.
Have fun!
heeewarriorimaiden.jpg

heartquest

Dec 22, 2010
I've found a few elephant heads on the site we're working on. I haven't read much about the significance of elephants and would also like to know more.

heartquest

Dec 22, 2010
It's fun that things continue to open up, and you learn amazing things about the rocks you've been staring at for a long time. This heart is certainly the centerpiece of our site, but we had no idea how many things were on it, and now after looking at other shapes on the site, we're starting to see the components of this heart, which is the first monument we found. We've found other owls and ducks, and although some are carved with detail, and some are more symbolic, they have certain things which confirm what they are... that's how we figured this out. I just have to figure out the shapes in the middle.
HeartRockMarkup.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread