Bat Bling and My Ding-A-Ling!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bat Bling and My Ding-A-Ling found at parks today in nearby towns. The silver-washed, brass bell appears to be old, and is etched "Happy"and a design on it. The iron clanger rusted away long ago. It stands at 2" tall and 1/12" wide at the bottom. It also has faint stamping inside the rim which may be the date of 1905. Wonder what it was used for? The Batman ring is the third stainless mans ring I have found in a week, weird....Cheers! Happy Hunting to all my TNet friends. Sub 8-)

Dingaling1.jpg

The Batman stainless steel mans ring.

dingaling2.jpg dingaling3.jpg dingaling4.jpg dingaling5.jpg

The Happy little Ding-A-Ling!

Upvote 16

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
What a neat old bell.. It reminds me of the one my great grandmother kept by her bed to summons help from her caretaker.

Pick_axe

May 3, 2015
Columbus NM
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 1000,
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent finds. The bell might be one a merchant had over the door to alert him to a customer.
Oh, and I'll use the bat phone to tell him you found his ring.:laughing7:

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent finds. The bell might be one a merchant had over the door to alert him to a customer.
Oh, and I'll use the bat phone to tell him you found his ring.:laughing7:

This makes sense. How it was found in a grass strip between two modern tennis courts at a park baffles me though. But then I remember, I live in tornado country, things fly for miles!

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice old bell and cool ring too. Maybe someone had a pet named Happy and it fell off. Happy the cow, dog, chinchilla.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2019
South Padre Island Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro SideWinder, CZ20, Whites XLT, Tesoro StingRay II, Whites PI Pro w/950 Dive Coil, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab EQ 600, Fisher CZ3D, Whites TDI SL, Sov. GT. Minelab GXP-4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find, seen a few bat rings being worn from Bruce Wayne helpers. I would dig deeper where you found the bell. Listen to faint targets you may be surprised those tennis courts were not always there. Good luck.

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking bell, I agree with the merchant bell, my first job had one about that size on the door on a 75 year old hardware store, nice ring too, congrats

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, congrats! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions