Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Safari
Fisher F75+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
USPS delivered my Imact this morning, I must say very nice looking!
The rechargeable AA cells and charger did not have an instruction sheet and the manual for the detector doesn't cover it. Loaded AA cells into charger and plugged in. Red indicator lamp at bottom of charger has a steady on and off rhythm. (To indicate charging I assume)
When cells are fully charged does the indicator lamp have a continuous red glow or does it change to a green color? Instruction for how the arm band is intended to be installed is also not covered.
Overall, very impressive looking and seems to be well balanced, at least with the 11x7 coil.
Still have yet to power it up and search for targets. Perhaps tomorrow at a small 1870s built church where I have only found Lincoln memorial cents and a 1920 Mercury dime.

TallTom

Mar 3, 2012
So. Calif.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact, Makro Racer, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sand Shark.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The flashing red light becomes a solid red light when the charge is complete.

seaham358

Greenie
Apr 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What Talltom said.. and I also spent some time trying to figure out how to hook the arm strap on.. I just used the extra plastic screw and nut and put it through end that has the loop in it.. probably not correct but works for now. Learning how to use the Impact.. my yard is full of junk.. Only a rotten clad penny found and junk.. Hit local swings and slides this am and found an 80's dime and junk.. lots of chatter at the park, need to figure out how to adjust it to loose some of that.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let us know how you get on with your new "toy". Having joined into the Makro Racer 1 & 2 Fanclub I am very curious about how the Impact will pan out. Rating my most likely next detector purchase. Enjoy learning your new machine and finding some real treasure with it. Kurios1

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those varta cells are great!!!
I have over 100 different rechargeable AA cells from almost every manufacturer. So far eneloops are my favorite but I was shocked when I tested the varta cells and they held way above their stated MaH.
I don't use the varta charger because I don't know ow if it's a "smart" charger or a timer charger. I use either my Panasonic chargers or my lacrosse charger/analyzers.
But I can say the 4 green varta cells I have hold more power than they state which is a nice surprise. They don't hold their charge for as long as eneloops while sitting, but that's normal for more of a high capacity cell. Even my eneloop pro cells don't hold charge for as long as the regular 1900mah cells do. But that's relative. They are nothing like older cells. They all hold a charge for a long time and when talking just weeks or two month you shouldn't have an issue.
:-)
IMG_20170602_034535.jpg
I had a minor rechargeable testing obsession for a while lol

Last edited:

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been running rechargeable batteries for several years now. I ended up with the Eneloop Pros and they work fine. I have a MAHA Powerex 8 cell charging/conditioning station for my AAA-AA batteries. I just got the Powerex charger and a pair of their 9 volt rechargeable batteries for my pinpointers. I hate throwing out batteries about as much as I like digging them up. Nice stash you have there mate.

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking about getting those, the "true 9v" ones. Most 9v rechargeables don't charge to 9 (7.2 most of them) but those are supposed to. But I heard that they actually charge up to way higher that 9v and was worried I could damage my stuff.
Like how my 1.2 v AA actually charge to 1.52-1.6 volts but then settle to 1.45 or so.
Let me know how they test if you have a voltmeter. Like right after a charge and then after a little while like a couple of hours.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread