Battery Life AT Pro

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Knew I had spare batteries close by in the Jeep so I ran it down to 1 bar, and kept detecting. Found the large token no problem. Always changed at 2 bars:BangHead: 100_6585.JPG Dont be afraid to hunt down to 1 bar :icon_thumleft:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The pro is one of the few detectors that u wont lose a hole lot of performace with low power , more nice finds

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too go down to one bar and never had a problem with mine either.

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I too go down to one bar and never had a problem with mine either.
Same here! I don't have any idea how many hours,I get out of a set of battery's in the ATP? I don't keep track,but it seems like I get a lot of hunting in before I have to change them?

Last edited:

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the manual says depending on battery type you will get 20 to 40 hours of use, and it states to change the batteries once you get down to one bar

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's about what I get, with the Duracells', now that it is warm out. I kept seeing on the forums where guys were having problems after 2 bars, supposedly so I was changing them sooner to be safe. I also think the constant and long use of pin point, sucks the life out of them

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
That's good information to know.....I usually change mine at 2 bars. Thanks for the heads-up!

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I run mine down to 1 bar,and have never noticed any performance loss at 1 bar. I've hit coins at 6-8 inches while using the last drop of power in the battery's.The detector is set up to run with a"regulated" voltage. It uses what it needs,nothing more. It can run for over an hour while showing 1 bar,then I just replace the batterys,for the next hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread