Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 - & ProPointer AT-------

Back Ups: AT Pro, Tesoro Royal Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive had it a week since this past Thursday. I've charged it from blinking battery symbol 3 times already. I have about 18 hours on the machine. Today I unplugged it fully charged (solid green LED) started swinging at 8 am. By 11 am I was at 1 bar. The battery lasted til 2pm but still that's 6 hours only. My friend who has an 800 was still at 3 full bars at 2pm.

Not cool.

Oh yeah. Mine wobbles and his doesnt.

Still got 2 silvers today and a bunch of wheat including an 09

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd call Minelab. Seems they have some gremlins in their factory. I would think they would either have a "BTW this is the answer" thing or the warranty will take care of it.

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt,ctx3030,equinox 850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screen Shot 2018-05-19 at 10.06.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-19 at 10.05.54 PM.png

sometimes this is the cause of my short runtimes....

the equinox will suffer short runtimes if you use it to boost your pickup as well...:occasion14:

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah. That's right. It doesn't charge truck batteries well. But really it should not have any issues this new. Give Minelab a call. If it were mine I'd already have had a major cow.

OP
OP
SultansOfSwing

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I havent been using the back light at all. Sensitivity has been around 20 and volume at 24.

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
now that I use the new micro nuclear power supply I never need to charge any batteries....it should last 10,000 years or so....and it cost me nothing....found a microwave oven at the end of the street ...its great....the lead suit really sucks on a hot day though...

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I havent been using the back light at all. Sensitivity has been around 20 and volume at 24.

are you using the backup beeper and turn signals mod on the arm cuff? some peeps are backing up a lot and this can add a lot of load on the battery.

if your shaft wobbles....you need a caster alignment...this happens if you use an adjustable connector rod....best to just slow your swing rate down a bit....

but regardless it' s your fault....it must be. how could trained engineers possibly screw up a straight shaft....:laughing7:

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Call Minelab.. Explain to them what your problem is and most likely they send you a prepaid UPS shipping number and it's usually a 7 days from shipping to receiving it back.. You can get their number and email from the minelab website. They respond to email very quickly if you can't reach them by phone. If you respond by email today you will most likely have an email by 8:30 am CDT tomorrow morning.

Minelab Americas

123 Ambassador Drive, Suite 123
Naperville, IL 60540, USA

Service Centre: 1-877-SOS-MLAB (1-877-767-6522)
E: [email protected]

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If you had been using it for 6 months, I would call this normal. Should not be happening after a week. I would just double or triple check you don't have something enabled that you didn't that first time...bluetooth headphones, backlight, etc.

Where is the video on changing the battery? I still don't believe its coming...

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is extremely short run time.... I'd suspect a bad battery. I've been able to get just over 8 hours (not exact, going from memory), at night with low backlight setting on my 800.

What type of charger are you using? How many amps?

Peter67

Oct 9, 2016
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is extremely short run time.... I'd suspect a bad battery. I've been able to get just over 8 hours (not exact, going from memory), at night with low backlight setting on my 800.

What type of charger are you using? How many amps?

I don't think the type of charder will make a difference. A charger with lower amps only makes the loading time longer but once the battery is full, the run time of the battery is the same.

rodco

Greenie
Aug 2, 2013
Make sure that you do not have the backlight on by mistake !! Look for indicator on screen

OP
OP
SultansOfSwing

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As mentioned before i dont have the backlight on. No symbol and no illumination. The detector went to 1 bar of power after 3 hours or less. Then sat at the one bar for the remaining 3 hours.

I guess contacting minelab is in order..

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The battery certainly sounds defective.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also think the battery or circuit for it is bad. Call them and get an RMA to send it back. No sense in waiting.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't think the type of charder will make a difference. A charger with lower amps only makes the loading time longer but once the battery is full, the run time of the battery is the same.

Not according to the manual.. it says if you do not use a 3 amp charger, you will NOT reach full charge. Charger will go into thermal shutdown.

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no sense trying to second guess it. You have two things going wrong, the battery and or circuitry for it and the shaft wobble. Call Minelab and get it sent back before you lose too much down time in the summer.

OP
OP
SultansOfSwing

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It might have to do with my charger. I was using a travel charger and after looking at it output, it only pumps out 800ma or .08 of an amp. So not even close to recommended charger output by minelab. I'll find a 3a charger and give her a go.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You want to use min of 2 amp 5 volt to charge properly.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread