Battery Replacement for Excal

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the link, I lost it before. Now it is Bookmarked.

My Sunray NIMH pak is still going strong on it's fifth year, so I may need to replace it some day. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
H

Haoleman

Aug 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
One more thing. If you decide to open the case, be sure to install a new o ring if you want to guarantee it be watertight. Since Minelab discourages silicone lubricant as it might damage plastic, you should be able to use something like a light coating of dishwashing detergent. Just barely enough to make the o ring slippery so it won't get any nicks when you reinstall the end cap. We used to do that with dive equipment.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I see they have them for a good price for the old Sovereign's also i will be useing this web site...................... Thanks...For the information........

OP
OP
H

Haoleman

Aug 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Just like to make an additional comment for those of you that are handy with a soldering iron. If you remove your old battery that is dead, cut the plastic shrink tubing away from it and check what type of cells the battery is made of. You can order individual cells of the same type and dimensions and using the attached solder tabs, solder them together to make your own battery pack . That way, if they don't have a pack made up. you can easily make your own with a small bit of work.:icon_thumright:

sandsifter

Dec 14, 2007
Rockport Texas
Detector(s) used
SOV GT, EXCAL 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone bought for the excal 1000? Does it plug in or you have to solder?
Good price if I could make it work, I need one

ronald99

Dec 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE-Excalibur 1000-Minelab SD2200V2
Its easy to replace once you undo the allen screws it comes apart at the top and the old battery unplugs like a nine volt does and just plug in the new battery and reinstall,its very simple and that website you can order a fast charger that charges within two hours and uses the same screw connector.

Sandsifter if you need advice about changing batterys ask me iv done my last two with no problems.

sandsifter

Dec 14, 2007
Rockport Texas
Detector(s) used
SOV GT, EXCAL 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Ronald. I have heard fast charging is hard on the batt. I know you have the knowledge to advise

ronald99

Dec 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
Onlybatterypacks.com And they have a Minelab Page with Batterys and chargers and they do not get damaged fast charging,Since i purchased from them my Batterys have Lasted longer and hold up much better then the after market Kellyco would sale with OnlyBatterypacks you purchase the battery and it plugs in like a nine volt would,Instead of waisting money buying the whole battery casing again, and spending 100 dollars 4 a battery plus shipping.

Update fast charging the original Batterys is not good,But at this website they sale a better battery and it replaces the inside shell of the Minelab Battery and plugs in and u charge it with the regular screw on connector,and on there minelab page they sale the quick charger and once its charged the light Yes they have a charger with a light so you know when your battery is fully charged.
And once its charged it continues to slow trickle charge the battery, Look at what they have to offer before someone convinces a person thats not a good thing to do, I researched this two days before i ordered from them and have been happy ever since. Good Luck Everyone.
It amazing i have posted this site on other topics, As far as the O ring i used diver grease to keep the water out on the o ring and screwed on the charger cap and stood up in the sink full of water to test leakage,You sure dont want to test in the ocean.

ronald99

Dec 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
sandsifter said:
Has anyone bought for the excal 1000? Does it plug in or you have to solder?
Good price if I could make it work, I need one
Yes i have purchased two from them and it plugs in. ???

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
A battery charger with a light that is great now you know when the battery is charged. All these other chargers you get with the detectors are just crap to me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions