battery substitution?

seas1to2

May 17, 2006
fl
not sure about that but do know your run time would be short, the 4 aa batteries I am sure would start the machine but the amout of run time would be very short ,to that of 4 c size batteries. The 9 volt could damage something being rated for 6 volts, the older machines need the power to run them unlike the newer machines that use smaller batteries an run longer,this goes for about any electronic equipment.

Old California

Jul 16, 2006
Central California
Hello Wendell,

You can use smaller size AA batteries, They will give you plenty of detection (30 hours plus) per set.

Today's Alkaline batteries last a long time, And it reduces the weight a bit.

Two options here, I'll post both within a few days. I've used both options but prefer doing a minor mod and using the single 4 pack AA battery holder, You just need to solder in a 9-volt battery lead to the circuit board and then clip on the single 4 pack AA battery holder to the 9-volt battery clip. A 4 pack of AA batteries is 6-volts, Please don't confuse the 9-volt battery clip with using a nine-volt battery but instead use the 6-volt 4 AA battery pack otherwise you'll eventually fry the detector if you use to much voltage.

Gave me a couple of days and I'll post the mod, It's simple and using AA batteries is so much better.

Paul (Ca)

metalfoot

Greenie
Sep 1, 2007
locust grove, GA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-70, F2, Whites ID Classic, Whites coin master 4000 ser 3, Minelab Sovereign XS, Detector Pro Probe with both coils, Metrotech 220
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try and see if you have a Batterys Plus in your area and go see them. They can help you best and may be able to make you a lighter alternative. Good Luch, Metalfoot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread