Battery suggestion.

J

Joe (Memphis)

I picked up a Ray o Vac IC3 15 minute charger ( actually won it in a photo contest) and have a total of 8 AA batteries, since that is what the 1350 uses. I can charge 4 batts every 15 minutes, so 30 minutes to charge them all tops. With the detector running at factory default, and the battery indicator set for rechargable, I have been running it for at least 4 hours each day and in that 4 hour period it hasn't even dropped a single bar. Thease batts are really impressing me as to how long they last. Hunted about 6 hours today, and same thing, didn't even drop a bar. Just a suggestion if you are tired of buying batteries. I thought about buying a second set so I could have one on charge in the Jeep (inverter) while I was using a set, but cant seem to run the dang things down!!
Joe

Upvote 0
I have used rechargeable batteries for many years in my metal detector as well as in flashlights, radios, digital camera, etc. They have saved me a ton of money in the long run. I still use NiCad batteries in some things (mostly flashlights). I use alkaline batteries in my metal detector and they do very well. I have some NiMH (nickel metal hydride) batteries that seem to last a long time but I have not used them in my detector.

One thing to be aware of when using rechargeable batteries - they will maintain a fairly stable voltage until they are almost discharged. What that means to you is that when the go out they go FAST. That is not a problem if you have backup batteries.

You can recharge batteries hundreds of times. Rechargeable batteries are the way to go as long as you understand their limitations.

I also use NiMH in dig. camera but keep alkie batt for emergency as they go down pretty fast especially if using flash. Alkie's in detector, but $1 for 2 9v pretty cheap for running about 30-35 hr.

I do keep a set of Energizers in the Jeep, Murphy is everywhere, but haven't needed them yet.... I just cant get over how FAST thease things charge up!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back