MoSi

Jul 19, 2009
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador and Magna-Trak MT202 Magnetic Locator
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TXDIRTFISHER said:
I've been to two of these digs and on one occasion we were told there were cannon balls found by the land owner. I spoke to the land owner and he had no clue what I was talking about. IMO it is a waste of time.

Since my first dig in Jan 2008, I missed out on two other digs because I wasn't in Dan's email list and I didn't even know there was TNet forum to keep me informed. Now I have been going to all events pertaining to the Battle of Medina. On one of these hunts that I missed, the elderly landowner supposedly found some cannon balls as a kid and not knowing what they were, reburied them. He couldn't remember where, so Dan and some high school kids tried to locate them and were not successful.
My experience with landowners is, that they are now finding out about the battle and are willing to let us on their property to conduct our searches. I have actually seen three cannon balls found by landowners and one in the Longhorn museum in Pleasanton.
I'm sorry to hear that you think all this is a waste of time. If any more TNeters out there feel the same way and would rather I quit posting info on Battle of Medina, let me know.
As for myself, being part of a group trying to locate the site of the largest, bloodiest battle ever fought on Texas soil is an honor and will continue as long as I can hold a detector in my hands.
Moe

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
......Moe....Yes to me too it is an honor and priviledge to hunt and find the Bloodiest Battle ever fought on American soil.......We just need better communication.....I cannot speak for anyone besides myself...You live in the area and know Dan so you are in the Know for the Hunt Information .....such as dates ....locations .....and land owners..............Most of us are Not so lucky......Last time I traveled over 4 hours one way to get to your site location...plus many of us work weekends so we must schedule ourselves to be off...........I am not complaining........to me it is a great Adventure........but we definitely need better communication since many of us are traveling from a long distance and are incuring all of the expenses on our own such as gas ....food...and lodging.....Please continue to post all of the info concerning all of the future hunts...I may have sent some negative vibes previouly that was picked up by some of my fellow T-NETers...it was not intentional...........ALSO SOME THINK THAT YOUR HUNTS ARE GIVING THE RELICS TO THE STATE OF TEXAS.... ie to the State Archeologist......I am correcting that now....to get permission to hunt private land .....most if not all of the land owners want the relics found....Not the State of Texas...........Joe

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Well, I am still in.....I love the chance to hunt for relics wherever, and whenever I can....I look forward to another hunt...
Baggins

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread