Battle of Medina

May 21, 2010
I have two acres in Texas and my tenant found over 15 artifacts on the site...he thinks their is a lot more..I need ideas on how and WHO to contact to dig up all the artifacts..He says their is a tree on my site that is 350 to 450 years old. This is where the battle took place...We don't have the money for a archaeologist to come out ..Does anyone have ideas out their.....Battle of Medina 1813.....
thanks
Rick

Upvote 0

sasnz

Aug 15, 2006
Auckland
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500 GTI
What sort of relics are you talking about, anything more than a local detectorist cant find?? If not why dont you use a detector yourself or go to the local detector club and have a field day. I am sure there will be quite a few people more than interested in giving you a hand and i am sure someone will have a spare detector to use if you dont have one yourself.

Cheers Sasnz

jsmorleymxt

Mar 25, 2008
Spring Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75
im in a detector club and we would all be more than happy to come and find any artifacts you are looking for. we are in texas and not from there. all finds will be given to the owner "you" of course. pm me thanks Jeremy

TheRandyMan

Apr 3, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, Minelab Etrac, Ace 250k, Discovery TF-900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in the Dallas, Texas area and would love to be a part of helping out. :icon_sunny:

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
ah im getting my plane tickets right now could you pick me up?? :laughing7: only kidding im sure you will have more than enough help. willy

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you post a picture of the 1813 silver button, you would create tons of interest. Or was that someone else that discovered another potential site?

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
You may want to contact Dan Arellano. He has had Tnet members look for the site multiple times and has orginized the hunts. Two acres isn't much considering this battle moved quite a bit, but hey, it could turn out to be a concentrated area of the battle. Also be aware you won't be able to keep the artifacts if they are the real deal. They will belong to the state (I think). >:(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread