d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Anyone here ever been able to detect around the Shilo area? I lost my GGG Grampaw Post there fighting for the CSA. I would like a mini ball, dropped or fired, from the battle if anyone has one they would get rid of. I will swap one in the same condition from the Battle of Jenkins Ferry or another battle or two that is fairly close by. I prefer it not be one found somewhere else and dropped and then picked up saying it was "recovered" at Shilo. I'll trust you if you say it's genuine. Anyone has one let me know, thanks...d2

Attachments

• 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 67
Upvote 0

Shiloh

Jan 13, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live on a 60 acre farm across from the park. The first time I detected my place I found mini balls all over my front yard... I’ve also found several camps on my place ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1525897880.990105.jpg this is the most recent thing I’ve found

Last edited:
OP
OP
d2

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'd be proud to have one and will send you one from here if your so inclined to get rid of one. I'd appreciate it...d2

OP
OP
d2

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks, email sunt...d2

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
d2, Congrat's. Sounds like you have found your Minnie Ball from the Battle of Shiloh thanks to Shiloh. I'm sure this will have special meaning to you coming from the same battlefield where your Grandfather lost his life fighting for the Confederacy.

Dharmacy

Nov 1, 2006
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Varies with location and conditions.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first minie ball I ever found was at Shiloh. In 1976 I was 12 years old and in the Boy Scouts. We went on a camping trip to Shiloh and during one of our hikes I found what I thought was a strange rock on the trail. Turns out it was a fired minie ball. I remember showing it to the park ranger in the small museum they had and he told me what it was and showed me some in a display they had there. He said it was a good find, and I must have really good eyes to spot it.

D.

OP
OP
d2

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes!! Shilo, is working and said he would get back with me later on this week. I'm excited...d2

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first minie ball I ever found was at Shiloh. In 1976 I was 12 years old and in the Boy Scouts. We went on a camping trip to Shiloh and during one of our hikes I found what I thought was a strange rock on the trail. Turns out it was a fired minie ball. I remember showing it to the park ranger in the small museum they had and he told me what it was and showed me some in a display they had there. He said it was a good find, and I must have really good eyes to spot it.

D.

That would of been a really great thing to find "eyeballing". You just never know. Yep, 1976. I'd about say fast forward 42 yrs. 2018, today a Park Ranger would most likely confiscate it, cite the antiquity's act, and send you to juvenile hall.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would of been a really great thing to find "eyeballing". You just never know. Yep, 1976. I'd about say fast forward 42 yrs. 2018, today a Park Ranger would most likely confiscate it, cite the antiquity's act, and send you to juvenile hall.

I would hope 'Today's ' Ranger would be a 'Seasond ' one & have Common sense. ???

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Deal D2.
I'm glad you got yr Shiloh relic to Honor your relatives sacrifice.

Good Man 'Shiloh'.

OP
OP
d2

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Got my Enfield mini ball from Shilo a day or two ago, sorry for the late reply but we buried my mother in law yesterday and will bury my father in law's twin sister tomorrow. We've been humped up like a Halloween cat around here. Thanks to everyone involved...d2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread