OP
Valley Ranger

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Getty said:
Great saves and excellent video!

Thanks Getty - my best day ever! What made it an almost spiritual experience is that one of my ancestors (great-great grandfather), who fought for the CSA was wounded at this site - likely very close to where I was hunting.

Part two coming soon.

brnn53

Mar 31, 2006
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Tejon, T2 LTD, F75, & Nautilus DMC II B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice bullets! If you can get back in there after some rain, you should really find some nice relics. Looks hard and dry. Congrats!
Mike

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cant wait for part II. Good luck Old Stonewall.

MKnTenn

Jul 30, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Old Stonewall said:
Getty said:

Thanks Getty - my best day ever! What made it an almost spiritual experience is that one of my ancestors (great-great grandfather), who fought for the CSA was wounded at this site - likely very close to where I was hunting.

Part two coming soon.
Holy cow! You not only know where your great great grandfather was wounded but you get to hunt an area where it happened, THAT IS AWESOME!!!! You could very well find the very bullet that hit him, of corse you would never know that, but the thought of that possibly happening sent a chill down my spine. HH

OP
OP
Valley Ranger

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
MKnTenn said:
Old Stonewall said:
Getty said:

Part two coming soon.
Holy cow! You not only know where your great great grandfather was wounded but you get to hunt an area where it happened, THAT IS AWESOME!!!! You could very well find the very bullet that hit him, of corse you would never know that, but the thought of that possibly happening sent a chill down my spine. HH

Thanks everyone. You're right MK - it was almost surreal.

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice hunt and video Richard. Looking forward to your next one. I'm sure you fourd out the brass part was a cap box finial. Good job with the video too. HH, Quindy.

OP
OP
Valley Ranger

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
VOL1266-X said:
Very nice hunt and video Richard. Looking forward to your next one. I'm sure you fourd out the brass part was a cap box finial. Good job with the video too. HH, Quindy.

Thanks Quindy. Enjoyed your talk on Relic Roundup.

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Sweet video :icon_thumleft:

All that history you were walking over..

Those Confederate boys had butter fingers :laughing9:

Blaze

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man! wonderfull finds and an excellent video, congratulations :headbang: :headbang:

OP
OP
Valley Ranger

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
brnn53 said:
Nice bullets! If you can get back in there after some rain, you should really find some nice relics. Looks hard and dry. Congrats!
Mike

Yes, some of it was hard and dry, other parts not so much. I'm really praying I can get back in there soon. I know there's some nice brass just waiting on me. :hello2:

OP
OP
Valley Ranger

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
johnnyblaze said:
Sweet video :icon_thumleft:

All that history you were walking over..

Those Confederate boys had butter fingers :laughing9:

Blaze

Thanks JB.

OP
OP
Valley Ranger

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Gunrunner61 said:
Man! wonderfull finds and an excellent video, congratulations :headbang: :headbang:

Thanks.

Wrecker58

Oct 27, 2010
charlestowne south carolina
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer xs
minelab ctx3030
garrett pin pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its 11pm and raining here in south carolina,,,,,,,,,,,that vid was so awesome i want to go out hunting now,......great post thanks :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Valley Ranger

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wrecker58 said:
its 11pm and raining here in south carolina,,,,,,,,,,,that vid was so awesome i want to go out hunting now,......great post thanks :icon_thumleft:

Thanks Wrecker!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Old Stonewall,I've been running my MXT for 6 yr.'s and I know what you mean about those whisper's.Awesome dig's,love to see the Gardner's roll out of that Va. soil.That brass piece is a finial from a cartridge or cap box :thumbsup: Great save's and loved the video,wish they all were as long :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Valley Ranger

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
civilman1 said:
Hey Old Stonewall,I've been running my MXT for 6 yr.'s and I know what you mean about those whisper's.Awesome dig's,love to see the Gardner's roll out of that Va. soil.That brass piece is a finial from a cartridge or cap box :thumbsup: Great save's and loved the video,wish they all were as long :thumbsup:

Thanks CM - that was the first time I'd ever successfully dug a "whisper" - quite a thrill! Yeah, I wish they were all that long too!! :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread