Bay saint louis

Update?? Any luck?
Never see many people on the beach, except for the ones who are crabbing on the sea-wall.
Could be wrong, but you will probably have better luck door knocking.
If all else fails go to Trapanis for a seared tuna po-boy, and dont leave without trying the artichoke and crabmeat dip with the fried bow-tie pasta.

Last edited:
No luck at beach, but did good today in New Orleans city park

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484608763.936453.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484608777.887335.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484608795.197500.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484608810.896672.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484608838.903935.jpg

Congrats. I tried city park a couple times, but never had much success. That place is huge.
My buddy dug a nice barber dime last time he went.

You did better than me. I stayed home today and nursed a sore back.
Saturday and Sunday took its toll, but it was well worth it.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...-alberts-tx4-rarity-150-southern-history.html

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...-trip-yields-little-more-lead-some-brass.html

Anyhow i have always wondered if there could be a shipwreck out there lying off the coast that has scattered a few coins around.
Similar to this one found off the coast of LA.
El Constante
http://www.atocha1622.com/davesimmons.htm

Last edited:
Yea I have a honey hole here in city park where I believe was a site that soldiers would shoot

At first glance they kind of look like enfields, but they look too long and skinny to be enfields.
My second guess was a cylindrical whitworth if they are indeed civil war. I think all whitworths have a hollow base.
The cylindrical whitworth in my M&M book has a hollow base and measures .45" wide x 1.428" long.

Certainly looks like it could be a Whitworth, those are highly sought after, and those would be an awesome find.
The only thing that concerns me is that the base is not as deep as the ones i have seen, but i am far from an expert on bullet variants.
Here is a link with a pic of one with a deep base.
Civil War Dug Whitworth Bullet
I also included pics from my M&M book. McKee & Mason Civil war Projectiles II Small Arms & Field Artillery.
# 250, 251, & 252 are Whitworths. #250 is the Cylindrical, the others are hexagonal. Note the pics of the bases.

Attachments

• P1180001.JPG
    P1180001.JPG
    154.4 KB · Views: 129
  • P1180002.JPG
    P1180002.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 122
  • P1180003.JPG
    P1180003.JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 125
Yes 252 because it has those tip inside it

Is it true they restrict you to a digging spade (no big shovels) in city park?
How dangerous is it in there?
Thanks, and great finds!

Well I use a basic small shovel and never have problem of course clean up my mess and cover hole after and I've never ever ran into a problem, they even drove pass me and was seeing if I got something good. I've never had any issues with safety. But I will I'm never really alone I usually have a friend with me or my kids

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back