Bazooka Gold Trap - Crazy mod... Or is it?

Fossil4Life

Jul 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Water... Give me WATER... LoL

Everyone wants a BGT Highbanker I made my own out of a storage container but my pump sucks (or doesnt depending on how you look at it haha)
1000 gph pump just won't do it. Check out this video. I think I'm gonna need 6k + per hour to have it run as fast as I want.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah, the Bazooka feeds on Water like a sun parched desert soaks up the rain.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a preview of the soon to be released kit from Bazooka.......................

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did mine a little different.................
gthb.jpg

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a preview of the soon to be released kit from Bazooka.......................

Wonder what size pump that is they use… Looks to me like it still needs more water though to get those rocks up n over the grizzly.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonder what size pump that is they use… Looks to me like it still needs more water though to get those rocks up n over the grizzly.

Good Question :dontknow:
I use a 6 1/2 HP, 108 GPM (6,480GPH) pump on mine. A bit of overkill but I control the flow both with engine speed and ball valves.

GG~

Last edited:

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kits and modifications are all good but what he needs to do is design and build a few models of dedicated Bazooka highbankers (from the mold to the bench to the creek) The demand is certainly there.

OP
OP
F

Fossil4Life

Jul 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the looks of it, it doesn't appear to be too difficult to make your own adapter to fit on the end of the BGT in order to push water through with a pump. In fact, it should be relatively simple, maybe a few tweaks and a modification of existing pump systems that are used for regular sluices.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread