Bazooka Gold Trap Dredge?

PurpleGold

Apr 17, 2015
Superior, Colorado
Detector(s) used
30" Sniper Bazooka Gold Trap, X-Stream Hybrid Pro hand dredge, Royal Manufacturing 54" Powered Stream Sluice, Pans of all different sizes and shapes
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 0

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm thinking more like the Gold Hog matting . I don't really see how you would benfit from a Bazooka gold trap , after owning one . The consentration area is farely small on the one I have . I think the way you clean them out would be a lot harder on a dredge system .

OP
OP
P

PurpleGold

Apr 17, 2015
Superior, Colorado
Detector(s) used
30" Sniper Bazooka Gold Trap, X-Stream Hybrid Pro hand dredge, Royal Manufacturing 54" Powered Stream Sluice, Pans of all different sizes and shapes
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A BGT 48" Miner is a beast. I imagine it being able to be clipped into a floating or standing dredge system. Clean out would be just as easy as if it were in a stream I would think. I'm just thinking a little out there possibly. I am a trekkie.

Timberdoodle

Oct 17, 2012
Kingfield, Maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI The "Bazooka " got it's name from the original submersible dredge from Howard Schmidt which looks like a bazooka. He patented the stream sluice after first building the dredge version. Patent US5366092 - Separation of valuable minerals from material found in the beds of bodies of ... - Google Patents some of them are still in use today. Cleanouts were done by removing a plug in the bottom of the trap.

I thought , I seen something simular on Bering Sea Gold . There was a guying using something he called a Dragon , I believe .

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a reason they never took over the dredging game....they can be made into cool coin dredges for swimming holes.
As far as a sluice conversion you would have to keep debris out of the trap scoop....dredging loosens debris.....the pump requires would be huge.....you could always put a fluid bed on the output of the sluice run...but the gold lost out of dredges would have a hard time settling into the trap

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread