Bazooka gold trap mini

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
well i like the idea of no classifying. i want to try to get one that will be versatile in any situation. i guess a lower flow would be best cuz in faster water i can divert it much easier then trying to speed it up. so im probably going to go with the 36" prospector with the regular weight and the regular grizzlies. im liken the fact that bazooka isnt going to charge shipping and handling.
That is exactly the one I have. It is plenty tough for my needs and works great!! Actually I also have the supermini which is cool to take out exploring and sampling but with the Propsector I can just shovel right into it at speed! The Prospector is big enough to take all you can shovel at full speed :)

If you want, we could meet up so you can try it out for yourself since I'm just down in south metro Denver :) PM me if you like...

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Why don't you like the Keene? And I think you're right, better to get a medium sized sluice and have to block the flow, than to get a bigger sluice and need to improve water flow.
Because it is too fiddly to keep it running right to catch really fine gold (50% of my take is -50 mesh) when water levels are constantly moving up and down..which seems to be always happening here in CO. Also classifying SUCKS!

tweeta_bear

Jul 5, 2013
yeah what kevin said... its just to hard to get set up correctly... maybe i should have got the A51 instead of the A52 but when i bought it i figured the bigger the sluice the more gold ill get, after many discussions and several trips to the stream im finding out that bigger isnt always better... i know i should have listened to my wife all these yrs... lmao! oh and yeah kevin when the weather nicens up i would love to come check it out... maybe have lunch that day or something. im pretty familiar with south end of town sense i work off of county line road and Yosemite.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
yeah what kevin said... its just to hard to get set up correctly... maybe i should have got the A51 instead of the A52 but when i bought it i figured the bigger the sluice the more gold ill get, after many discussions and several trips to the stream im finding out that bigger isnt always better... i know i should have listened to my wife all these yrs... lmao! oh and yeah kevin when the weather nicens up i would love to come check it out... maybe have lunch that day or something. im pretty familiar with south end of town sense i work off of county line road and Yosemite.
I live and work right at Yosemite and County line so we could meet for lunch (or a beer after work) and a show n tell session almost any time!! Then maybe I'll blow your mind by showing you how close your work is to decent gold!

tweeta_bear

Jul 5, 2013
sounds like a hell of an idea... yeah i think next yr im not even going to touch clear creek. ill dm you my number. i see the plate river over by the transfer station on 270 and Vasquez but i dont know if its made it that far north... i see what looks like a bunch of good spots, well what looks to be good but what do i know im a greenie. lmfao that reminds me of that movie with cheech and chong where he says hes got a bit of a greenie stuck to his finger, refering to the boogie he just picked... A PICKER! lol

Last edited:

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A picker! Lol awesome tweet.
Glad you guys are gonna hook up. Wish I was there. And wish I had gold in a few mile radius of where I work and live!

tweeta_bear

Jul 5, 2013
drywallman where do you live? let me tell ya... living a few miles from gold dont mean its easy to get. ive been having trouble thats why im saving up money for a different sluice. i seem to have problems panning also... but im gonna keep at it... i have found some very small pieces and ive probaly moved at least 2 tons of gravel and rock. i think i should be getting alot more considering the location we are in.

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in San Diego. And I hear ya about busting as$. I too am in my first year of real prospecting. I am handy with a pan though. Hardest part here is finding public land. It'll get better... Practice panning with some #4 bird shot. If you can keep those little buggers in a pan, you can keep the micro gold... Found lots of it in Georgia

tweeta_bear

Jul 5, 2013
every time i pani use these!

Attachments

• image-2150393326.jpg
    image-2150393326.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 146

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just try to have gold in my pans ;-)

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Here is a video showing the clip mod in detail.. hope this helps!

Chris
Bazooka Gold Co.

I love this idea but can't find anything on it (besides this thread). Im surprised more people haven't been interested in this since BGT are so popular. So does this work? I am invisioning just plunking my BGT it some fast water and putting a nice size rock on either side and going to town. I haven't been able to find a spot that would be worth investing the time to make a dam where there arnt others already built. Even so it takes a little time to get your BGT in there sometimes, flowing right, which is frustrating. The best spots i have access to right now are deep/fast water areas with good gold on the bench material. Its harder to find the right water flow/depth near any gold then it is to find "good" gold..if that makes sense,lol.

After work on a mission to HD to find these "Copper hang rights". Went up and down the asiles and couldn't find them. Asked an employee in the plumbing and electrical dept and got puzzled looks..LOL. Showed them the youtube video and they were stumped. But then again i wasn't expecting expert knowledge. lmao. after 20 min all i could find were standard L brackets. I think these would actually work fine but i didn't buy cause i don't want to have to drill holes into my BGT, and they wont be easily bendable on the river.

Could someone help me out? Is there somewhere i can buy these or were they custom made?

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like just some strips of bendable metal. Bend them like shown. Maybe hot water heater straps.

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the mini but not the super mini. I got the 24 inch sniper instead. but the mini hasn't had any problems trying to pop up on me. but then again I did allot of research and talked to tod and Chris about the straps and putting screen over the grizzly and screen over the water scoop. the water scoop was the only 1 they said might be a good idea fsome areas. but if you wedge the bazooka in with rocks it doesn't happen. but that may be difficult in some areas. I've thought about getting some of that strap just to have it if I need it. the prospector I haven't had any problems with. but then again running the mini and sniper gave me a good bit of understanding. but I've seen another thread where they used what looks like to big bolts with straps across the top and bottom on the front flair. the bolts where just sunk into the river bed and the straps moved so you could level it. it's like a stand that only holds the front up. it was supposed to help allot. I've been thinking about doing that. it would do the same thing and allow for easier set up

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You can also set a large rock across you bazooka to hold it down if need be.

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yea, but carrying that big rock to the creek is too much work mojo. 😜

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread