Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

tweeta_bear

Jul 5, 2013
i was tired as hell last night too... infact i was so tired i waited till this morning to go through my cons. i started just north of dartmouth then moved just north of evans then moved to clear creek at federal and this is what i traped!

Attachments

• image-3897850783.jpg
    image-3897850783.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 137

ssdevilfish

Jan 8, 2014
Here's my first gold. Found at clear creek gold park. Using a gold rush nugget bucket and 30 inch royal sluice

Attachments

• image-2065060108.jpg
    image-2065060108.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 137

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congrats to both...but those little chunky pickers a really nice from the Prospecting Park...wow!

ssdevilfish

Jan 8, 2014
Congrats to both...but those little chunky pickers a really nice from the Prospecting Park...wow!
beginners luck for me plus to be honest my girl picked the spot to dig and she classified all of it. Lol. So she did well. I just messed around and played with equipment.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
beginners luck for me plus to be honest my girl picked the spot to dig and she classified all of it. Lol. So she did well. I just messed around and played with equipment.

...so she's the brains and you are the brawn? works for me!

ssdevilfish

Jan 8, 2014
Lol. You might have that right. I won't agree or disagree. Going to be super windy today but Wednesday looks good. Gimme a call today and hopefully we can hook up soon.

tweeta_bear

Jul 5, 2013
hey kevin. i got a question for you. do you remember where we ate lunch... right behind there is a creek that seems to head in a northwesterly direction, have you checked that one out?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes, I have checked it extensively since it's the creek closest to my home. Can discuss when we next meet :) Gold there is spotty but decent in some areas, just like the creek we checked together...the best area (where I had pulled almost a quarter ounce over a couple years or so) was recently bulldozed into oblivion by Denver Urban Drainage ...I cried for days :-(

Last edited:
OP
OP
Prospector70

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apologies for not posting what I got on Saturday, I've been down with the flu and have not done anything with the cons yet. I'm feeling better this morning (knock on wood). I'll get it washed out and post it tonight! <3

OP
OP
Prospector70

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bowling.jpg
Blue Bowling night! I ran through all the less than 20 mesh. I still have about a half gallon of 20 mesh and larger to manually pan tonight, I expect some from that as well. I was in a hurry and I know some/most of the 70 mesh and smaller went in the snuffer bottle too.

less than 20 mesh.jpg
I'll spread it all out with a coin after I get those bigger ones, here's the take so far!

God dang I love this sluice!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looking good P70!

Not a blue bowl guy myself but from what I've heard you might want to classify -50 or smaller and run again.

OP
OP
Prospector70

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For sure! I knew I was running fast but it was laaate in the morning and I wanted to have a shiny jug to carry around and brag on all day! ;)

PS I think there is a piece of wire gold in there, we will know for sure when I spread it out later. :D

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Awesome. I set aside all my little bits of wire gold separately...they don't go in the poke with the regular -20 stuff.

OP
OP
Prospector70

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
take.jpg

far left, shiny and heavy like gold idk.
up a little to the right a large coppery looking piece (end busted off when i fingernailed it), the little wire gold (above that a part of a zipper!)
Dirty gold on the bottom bigger chunks found in the <20's

Sorry for the crappy picture, damnit jim, I'm a gold miner. Not Ansel Adams! :D

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A couple/three years ago a lot of us found those zipper pieces in the South Platte in central Denver...in that same spot so seeing that again is cool. So is your Trekkie reference :)

Nice looking gold btw.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Prospector70

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TY!
I've noticed the further North you go the more the interesting little metal bits increase, copper connectors, bullets. Ugh and glass.
The little zipper pieces had me confused but the old Timer I met told me what they were.

AlaskaGold

Nov 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was there jacket and jeans factory in the head waters of this creek, I can't imagine how many zippers end up in a creek. I can see a few a year and over the years that equaling a few thousand but to be a frequent find, there must have been a lot of lost pantaloons over the years. Cool find though! The yellow gold is real nice too!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread