BAZOOKA GOLD TRAP VERSE CALSLUICE #2B

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I Figured I'd Go Ahead And start this thread.
I'm buying a Calsluice #2b for the wife and I.
then in getting a Bazooka prospector and run them side by side. I think that would be an awesome run. as there the only 2 sluices of there kind that could be run together in this manner.
I found a great couple videos that show how the bazooka works and explains it in really good detail. you just have to watch it all the way through

Watch "Looking for Gold - Episode 6 - Bazooka Gold Trap Sluice - Part 1" on YouTube
Looking for Gold - Episode 6 - Bazooka Gold Trap Sluice - Part 1: https://youtu.be/IlKmPslbKe4
Matthew Child

Watch "Looking for Gold - Episode 6 - Bazooka Gold Trap Sluice - Part 2" on YouTube
Looking for Gold - Episode 6 - Bazooka Gold Trap Sluice - Part 2: https://youtu.be/l5qdo5S9YWM

I'd love to hear what yall think. someone else said one of 5 here friends did this and now runs the bazooka. if you have I'd love your input. and any other questions or comments I'd love to hear it.
So we have a little bit I have to save up to get both of them. but once I do you can bet all the pictures and videos will be posted. Right here on this page. as well as in my Journal for everyone to see and what they think. also this isn't really what one works better cause in the field there's really no this works better or this caught more. unless 1completely dominates the other. if you have any doubts about the bazooka please watch those videos. there enlightening

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't wait. I'm thinking of doing this without the wife though. just cause I don't want her to think I'm trying to say that the calsluice isn't a good piece of equipment. I don't want her to think that. Cause she's all down for me to get my prospector. she said that will be great for areas where there's tons of water. where the calsluice can be run in areas with less water. I love my wife she's so awesome

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Key difference between them for catching fine gold: on the cal sluice the gold has to drop to be caught, on the Bazooka it goes into the grizzly horizontally and is forced downward. This may mean better -50 retention. Looking forward to the testing!!!

How is the material "forced" downward? User descriptions I have read say the little protrusion/wicker on the roof of the chamber is short (1/8-1/4" or so) and square/perpendicular. So, in my mind, the effect would be to stop the floaters thus giving them a better chance to settle naturally and not just fly on through along with other low sg waste material. Is the wicker longer and perhaps angled to force/direct the material down?

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its 90 degrees to the water and does force the material down Its near the top of the water column where the most speed is.

PurpleGold

Apr 17, 2015
Superior, Colorado
Detector(s) used
30" Sniper Bazooka Gold Trap, X-Stream Hybrid Pro hand dredge, Royal Manufacturing 54" Powered Stream Sluice, Pans of all different sizes and shapes
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just bought a CAsluice due to its simplicity and light weight. I figure it'll be a good backpacker sluice. I'm on the fence with the bazooka. It seems difficult to setup and it rather expensive. It seems like everyone on this site who has one loves it though. I am eagerly awaiting this comparison.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread