BBC show THE DETECTORISTS is available in America!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read an online article last night which stated that some PBS stations are now showing last years season of The Detectorists. A little research also found that Amazon FINALLY has it available in region 1 coding (which is for US and Canada).

It's a great show, if you haven't seen it then I highly recommend looking it up!

The article is here: Is Acorn's 'Detectorists' the Cult Comedy of the Year? | Kevin McDonough

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
i caught it a few times last yr online, funny like it, found an episode

S1 E2

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting !

A select number of PBS stations plan to run "The Detectorists" later this year. Acorn will also release series on DVD next month. No matter how you unearth it, this "The Detectorists" is a find.

I'll have to watch for it..
If they are going PBS south Central Pennsylvania's witf TV Chanel 33
May carry it.

Luckily, I've already seen all of season 1 So if they Don't , I'll just have to wait & hope for a season 2
where I can catch it.

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That would be great if I can find it locally.

Get your 'Power Ranger" detectors ready!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I caught the last 2 minutes of one show it was on during the day like 1pm or something. I haven't found it again, tho. It was funny at meet the small part I saw.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread