Be careful out there

Pitch

Jul 27, 2003
My brother got permission to pick a burned out milkhouse last week.
There was a pile covered by some vines,so he pulled at the vines to give himself clearance. The vines pulled the concrete wall over onto him. Was pinned for 5 hours before a buddy found him,nine broken ribs, broke left ankle bruised heart,liver, kidneys and some kind of poisoning from having his guts compressed for so long. Most of the skin on his fingers and hands is gone from attempting to dig himself out, was also hypothermic when found. The Doc said no way he would have lasted another hour or so.
Just pure luck that a friend drove by,saw his truck and stopped to chit-chat.
Please don't go by yourself, let someone know where you are,and keep your cell phone on your person,(his was in the truck).

K

Kentucky Kache

Pitch, sorry to hear about your brother getting hurt. I hope he recovers soon.

Good post. You can't be too careful.

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pitch said:
My brother got permission to pick a burned out milkhouse last week.
There was a pile covered by some vines,so he pulled at the vines to give himself clearance. The vines pulled the concrete wall over onto him. Was pinned for 5 hours before a buddy found him,nine broken ribs, broke left ankle bruised heart,liver, kidneys and some kind of poisoning from having his guts compressed for so long. Most of the skin on his fingers and hands is gone from attempting to dig himself out, was also hypothermic when found. The Doc said no way he would have lasted another hour or so.
Just pure luck that a friend drove by,saw his truck and stopped to chit-chat.
Please don't go by yourself, let someone know where you are,and keep your cell phone on your person,(his was in the truck).

Sorry to hear of the accident. Thanks for the safety lesson.

Is your brother's hospital bills going to be picked up by the owners homeowner's policy? Couldn't hurt to check.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions