Be Prepared

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
The key to being prepared is knowing what is going on around you. You aren't always going to be near that store of supplies. Your actions of the moment are based on enviroment at that moment. Think about it. liberty lady 2.jpg

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have six months of tinned food which we rotate so its always well in date. Cash/gold/silver reserve. If things collapse you may not be able to draw cash from your bank. Have started to buy land abroad with a future move in mind. We were going to move just before the last crash. The fact we delayed cost us 25% of our savings within a few months.

Land wise we have an acre with its own water, fruit trees etc. Generator for electricity, though how long fuel supplies would last is anyones guess. Going off this morning to check out the latest hybrid cars from Toyota, Honda and Peugeot. They seem to have improved in just the last few years but they are expensive and if we do move abroad in the next year or two then we would take a big hit when forced to sell.

Thing is I was talking to a nice old guy in Africa who had gone through rebel action and civil war and it didn't matter which side you were on you would still have all your food taken. If the world collapses there's always going to be someone with a bigger gun than yours who will take what you have got. That's cheered everyone up for the day now hasn't it !

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe i better hold off on taking this job offer if this 2012 thing is true id hate to work the last few months!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please tell me you people really dont believe this.

I'm with you Georges.
sure there will be earthquakes, fires, tornadoes, etc.
have been since the earth got it's environment. but it's
not going to force me to change my personal habits.

K Zack

Feb 2, 2012
West Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab- Explorer XS, Excalibur 800, Sovereign XS-2 Pro, Fisher 1280X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
2012, the New Y2K?
If it is indeed the end of the World?
My guess would be that No amount of preparation will do any good!
My true Fear is a Government that has Total Control of every aspect of our Life!

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure crap won't hit the fan if Zimmerman gets off??? Can't we all get along???:laughing9:

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The survivalist thing has been going on since the 1950s. That's a long time to wait for the poo to hit the fan.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Horney toad and ant-AZ.jpg Money, gold, silver will all have no value. Guns, ammo, food,water will be the new trade items. It will be a barter society. To survive, you will need a secluded place to live, some guns with plenty of ammo, a source of good water, and food. A garden and the guns will furnish the food. A small battery powered vehicle and a solar charging system would help for a few years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions