Beach advices

stefs

Nov 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I a couple of beaches, At Max works great, in other i am not sure. (Montenegro btw) .

In dry part, detector works great, in pars where is not dry, detector give signal litterally everywhere, on ther becahses this works great, but on this beach is not.
Please help. I try everything, to change freq, sensitivity, mode,...
IMG_20180218_084728.jpg
IMG_20180224_104323.jpg
IMG_20180224_104052.jpg

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wrong machine for SALTWATER. You need a "Multi-Frequency" or "Pulse Induction" machine. :skullflag:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or a Tesoro Cibola. If you turn down the frequency a little it will do just fine in salt water. You can't get the control box wet. But for working the high tide line and just in the waves I do great with mine. I don't like PI machines there as we have tons of fishermen and all those blasted swivels and hooks make the machine go nutso. Try turning down your sensitivity some.

Hal2k

Dec 9, 2016
Blountsville, Al
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, with stock coil
AT PRO Pointer, NEL Storm coil, Garrett 5 X 8 coil, 9 X 12 Garrett concentric coil, Nel 6.5 x 9 coil for the Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here are the settings I use for my AT-Max for beach hunting, it works well.

1. Press and hold the power button (to do factory reset)
2. Lower sensitivity 3 notches down from maximum.
3. Select Zero mode.
4 Set Iron Disc. to 43
5. Set threshold to negative 3 (-3)
6. With coil in water or wet sand auto ground balance.
7. After ground balacing, go to manual balance and lower the number by 2 t0 3 (sometimes I go down to 5). This will slighty negatively ground balance the detector.

The above program will quite down the AT-Max on salt water beach's with out loosing depth. This program works for me, it should work for others with the Max, also it works with my AT-Pro, the only diffrence is you do not have threshold setting on the AT-Pro.

Happy Hunting.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

stefs

Nov 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
on some beaches this detector works really good, but on a couple, i find this problem.

the lama

Greenie
Mar 19, 2017
Detector(s) used
at pro,cz21,infinium,ace 350,f2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i do pretty much the same as hal2k except i do not disc out iron

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here are the settings I use for my AT-Max for beach hunting, it works well.

1. Press and hold the power button (to do factory reset)
2. Lower sensitivity 3 notches down from maximum.
3. Select Zero mode.
4 Set Iron Disc. to 43
5. Set threshold to negative 3 (-3)
6. With coil in water or wet sand auto ground balance.
7. After ground balacing, go to manual balance and lower the number by 2 t0 3 (sometimes I go down to 5). This will slighty negatively ground balance the detector.

The above program will quite down the AT-Max on salt water beach's with out loosing depth. This program works for me, it should work for others with the Max, also it works with my AT-Pro, the only diffrence is you do not have threshold setting on the AT-Pro.

Happy Hunting.

Good post Hal!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread