Beach and Park hunting will ruin you .

martinguitar

Feb 28, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday was my first park hunt and earlier this year I hit the beach for the first time . Coins galore and easy hunting .Both places had trash but I could usually tell when I had a coin under my coil before I dug . Makes you feel like you are starting to learn your machine and gives you some confidence. Then today was back to my usual stomping grounds which is old homesites . What a wake up call , junk everywhere and when I thought I had a good signal it ends up being a coin sized gear from an old clock . Quickly makes you realize it's not always easy pickings . Had a good time nevertheless .

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've found that urban parks are junkier than residences for the most part. A lot will depend on how old the house is and who lived there, but on average, I'd take the old house. The beach is a good place to learn a machine. Usually lots of targets and easy recoveries.

OP
OP
M

martinguitar

Feb 28, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The park was pretty trashy , but still managed to find quite a few coins although nothing real old . The home sites I hunt are in rural areas so therefore the coins are few and far between . Although I have always managed to find at least one older coin from these places . Goes to show that even though these folks were poor and watched there money close , things still got lost .

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Parks are fun, but the coins are shallow and newer and mostly clad. I like old home sites better because you never know what you are going to find. May be tougher to hunt, but a couple of older coins beats a pocketful of clad. I like the challenge more of digging deep and fighting roots and rocks.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like the parks and beaches, once and a while, clad is good!! Just turned in $102 I found and rolled, since spring (my first year) But My passion is old stuff, so I love old home sites, demo sites, etc......any place with a history. The down side to these places and a thorn in my side is............................aluminum siding!!!! Uhgggg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread