Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday was a bust, today must be a bonus. Went to a different beach I hadn't been to before. Found $0.85 in clad, a costume jewelry ring and a silver toe ring. The toe ring doesn't say 925, but it is silver colored and non-magnetic, not plated, so it most likely is silver. Better than my measly finds I found out how to get to several isolated beaches that usually can only be reached by boat. I can go through some ATV trails and get to them after driving about a mile through the woods! Guess where I'm going in the morning? I'll take my detector, but it will mostly be a reconoiter. There's a lot of aera to cover and I have to figure out the maze of trails to reach the beaches. The gatekeeper said no other detectorists have been in there so I should have it all to myself. If I find my way back there ok I might have to seek some help as I hate to venture into those remote areas alone. The main reason is my health, but I still remember the movie "Deliverance"! No pics today my camera is loaned out to my son-in-law. Monty

Upvote 0

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck, Take a cell phone with you.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds fun Jim,

keep us posted!

Good luck,

Lonewolfe

M

mchamby

Good luck Jim, I know how you feel I hunt a lone all the time but I figure If I go out mding I at least was doing something I love better than being stuck in a bed. :)
Mchamby

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
good luck at the beach jim! cant wait to hear about what you turn up.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Find yourself a partner and get back there!!!!

Congrats on your finds today!!

Nana ;)

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
Best of luck at the location, hope to see your finds.........

GL & HH,

DugHoles

southern gent

Aug 1, 2004
Pickens Co. S.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Sovriegn. Whites. Garret
Primary Interest:
Other
Your voracity to the hobby is outstanding, Monty. I for one am impressed. Good luck and HH! Chris

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The are is only a couple of sections of land but the trails are a maze.. I have a satelite picture and it shows all the different directions I can go to get there. If I can just keep the sun in sight I'll know approximately where I am. I have been to it several times from the water side so when I get there I will recognize it. I have a cell phone and the reception is "4 bars" in that area. The gatekeeper told me there were 4 foundations in that area where old houses use to be. I have been to one down near the water where I found some broken china and some marbles one day while exploring on foot. I'm staying out of the water, no use taking any unnecessary risks. The water temp is in the low 60's, don't sound very cold but enough to cause hypothermia when the wind hits you. If everything goes ok I'll water hunt it next spring with some help. The beach is pretty much white sand and it borders a river channel on the lake. There are shifting drop offs due to the constant current and lowering and raising of the water levels. When the water is up, it's only accessable by boat. Right now the water is down and the old road is exposed. All loaded up so here I go. Will report my findings this afternoon. Monty

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Congrats on the toe ring, WTG!!!
How's that pin-pointer treating ya?. good I hope...
Good luck with the up coming hunt, & Happy hunting~

F

Floater

Monty you need to find Smithers to go with you. Be Safe and Keep that cell handy. Look forward to the Pictures.

HH

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I got to the beach I was looking for, all mile of it! It's about a mile long and 200' wide! I didn't do any serious hunting, just skimmed over the surface in a few spots. I found a little clad and lots of soda cans. There is a wealth of deep targets that I couldn't get to with my scrawny little digger. I will definately need a shovel and grid it off to do any good. I seemed to do best on dry sand, but I can't tell what the water level has been this summer. I suspect most of the better finds are going to be out in the water. Although I didn't really get to detect it very well, I arrived just as the sun was coming over a hill across the lake. A flight of about 30 pelicans came flying down the lake at just the right time and it made a beautiful sight. Our inland lakes are so large they attract all the same birds as the seashore. We have pelicans, seagulls, egrets,of various sub species, storks and a huge wihite bird with a long orange bill that I haven't a clue what it is! On the way in I saw about 15 deer seemingly unafraid that just stood and watched me go by not becoming too alarmed. This is a no hunting area and they seem to know it. Wish I had my camera with me. The part of the state I live in is rolling hill country with oak trees and hardwoods and thousands of acres of manmade lakes. It's truly beautiful in the fall. I'll get some pictures next time and post them. Meanwhile the hunting season is about to begin and will occupy a lot of my time so I'll get back to the lake later on this fall. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions