Beach Cart - Key West - South Miami Beach

-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab GO-FIND 60 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I bought a set of wheels & axle from wheeleez.com and designed a beach cart out of PVC, emt, electrical tape, and bungees. The tires are pneumatic and the cart breaks down for packing and easy to assemble. When I hit the beach, in tow are beach chairs, umbrellas, towels, oil, water shoes, binoch's, long handle scoop, excal II, tripod, and the kitchen sink :laughing7:

I leave misery, I mean Missouri Wednesday for a treasure hunting trip to south Florida beaches. :icon_thumleft:

Thursday-Friday-Saturday I'll pound the sandy beaches of Key West and Sunday-Monday-Tuesday pound the beaches from South Miami Beach to Palm Springs. :headbang:

If anyone in the key west area or south beach to palm beach area would like to meet and detect with a Missourian send me an e. In key west I'm staying at the Crown Plaza and in Miami at the Candlewood Suites. :icon_pirat:

Attachments

• beach cart unloaded end.view.JPG
    beach cart unloaded end.view.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 1,806
  • beach cart unloaded end view.JPG
    beach cart unloaded end view.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 7,940
  • beach cart unloaded side view.JPG
    beach cart unloaded side view.JPG
    145.7 KB · Views: 4,130
  • beach cart loaded side view.JPG
    beach cart loaded side view.JPG
    153.9 KB · Views: 5,353
Upvote 0

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you know you buy these carts at Wal-mart for about $20 all over fla.and it will save you money on the Plane.Your looks nice too,but save money and time Wal-mart

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck if ya make it near Daytona let me know... :thumbsup:

OP
OP
-Jones-

-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
ron lord said:
you know you buy these carts at Wal-mart for about $20 all over fla.and it will save you money on the Plane.Your looks nice too,but save money and time Wal-mart

ron,

Thanks for the tip, I'll check out the carts at wal-mart to see how they size-up. I spent under 10 for pvc, emt, and tape, wheels-axle were 80 but worth the invest imo, and time spent engineering was free. I fly SW where one can check (2) free so there isn't any charge for the tote. I'll probably make it over to naples, love detectin either side of the pier and while watchin the sun set :icon_pirat:

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
I'm gonna be in KW on the 31 so I'll miss ya. Leave something for me. I heard the water is pretty cold though.

OP
OP
-Jones-

-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
MT Pockets said:
Good luck and enjoy your vacation...

Nice cart.. But, Leave it home... noone wants to be lugging all that crap around with them.

why be a Slave to the beach.....

all ya need scoop & machine.... anything else would be waaaaaaayyyyyyyy tooooooo much...

but, Ofcourse, that's just my own opinion..

Hate to see the undesireables wheeling away your nice cart..

Awww, the KIS (keep it simple) principle, you're right, just a scoop & machine, that's all one really needs. :o

There are times when walking a mile or more the cart makes for a good caddy.

My wife comes with the package, she lounges in a chair, under an umbrella, securing all, while I go to work :icon_sunny:

Will let you know how it goes. :icon_pirat:

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Nice cart, but I would leave it at home to use in the garden. It is not uncommon to work a 1/2 mile plus down the beach while detecting. One of the pier fishermen seeing that cart unattended for a period of time is going to walk off with it, not to mention the number of homeless people that frequent the beach. Travel light and enjoy your vacation.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Nice big fat tires on that cart! Will work real good on sand. I agree, if your wife will "baby sit " the cart while you detect, that would be good, as what they say is true, leave it and it will be gone. Not that there is a lot of thieves or robbers, but if its not locked up, it is assumed that it is free. Unfortunatly.

mcscs

Apr 12, 2010
fla
The $20 cart is useless. The wheels you bought are perfect for South Florida beaches if you don't have the wide wheels it's not a cart it's a sled well worth the money and time great job. :hello2:

gold fever pete

Jun 1, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very creative, but I just go with MD, Scoop, pouch and a backpack with a lunch and water. Never have to go to the car for anything. When I am done, lunch is gone, snacks are gone and a pouch full of goodies. Thought about taking a chair once - nah too much stuff.

OP
OP
-Jones-

-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
gold fever pete said:
Very creative, but I just go with MD, Scoop, pouch and a backpack with a lunch and water. Never have to go to the car for anything. When I am done, lunch is gone, snacks are gone and a pouch full of goodies. Thought about taking a chair once - nah too much stuff.

Gold fever, I like it, just a MD, S, P, BP, L &W :icon_thumleft:
One can get tried of haulin everything and the kitchen sink! :o

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
good luck w/ your detecting , hope you do well

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread