Beach detecting finds

A

Angela (Australia)

Hello All, I managed to get to the beach for a few days break with my hubby and son. We also met up with another detecting buddy, who for the first time detected using our hookah setup, and enjoyed it! The water was freezing typically, as it's winter, and I thought my ears would drop off. But I had a lot of fun just the same. Found the coins up in high sand, in an old area of town, hence, the sixpences!
Cheers Angie :)

Attachments

• Freddy hookah detecting!.JPG
    Freddy hookah detecting!.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 454
  • June 24th 2002 finds, $24.04.JPG
    June 24th 2002 finds, $24.04.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 444
  • sixpences, 1942 & 1950.JPG
    sixpences, 1942 & 1950.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 443
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Angela, Using a Hookah is the best way to reach deeper targets without the expense of scuba, plus you can stay down longer. Which Hookah rig are you using?

HH,
Sandman

OP
OP
A

Angela (Australia)

Hello Sandman, the hookah set up we have is: a Thomas diaphram compressor, and a four stroke lawnmower motor. It's only 1.8 cubic feet so it's not designed to take more than one person, or for any great depth. But you can get down to 30 feet. We can get an hours air if the revs are up, but if you're relaxed, can run the revs by half, and get 1 1/2 hours air.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread