beach detectors

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You need a Multi-Frequency VLF, or a Pulse Induction detector for wet saltwater sand and water. The least expensive NEW beach detector is a Tesoro Sand Shark (PI) at $600.00 with a lifetime warranty. It does NOT discriminate, so you cannot notch out iron. Good Luck!

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MXT, TDI, Whites Dual Field, Goldmaster VSAT, Fisher CZ 21
Terry is used to a PI detector like the Minelab 5000 or TDI Pro for wee gold nuggets in the sub gram size. Although he occasionally will hit a good one near Wickenburg. After you do your research, you will come to the conclusion that there are really only 2 detectors that you will want for the beach and water, The Excaliber ll or the CZ 21. Both will discriminate and both have their unique qualities. Both are multifrequency detectors and are made for salt conditions. I just purchased a used CZ 21 and it is as effective as a TDI Pro for discriminating targets so that If I want to hit a soda stand area with tons of bottle caps and pulltabs, I can just pick up coins including nickles which the TDI will not in discrimination mode. The PIs are not as deep hitting as you will be told. The CZ 21 that I just bought will hit almost as deep as the TDI PI machine. I hunted the beaches of AL and FL last year with the TDI Pro and you will be amazed at the number of bobby pins you will find with a PI unit.The Excaliber is not as good in that kind of trashy area but will pick up a gold ring under an iron object. Each has it's points and both depths are about the same. The Excaliber always has a threshold, the CZ 21 does not and I like a quite hunt without having to listen to a tune in my headphones. Both can be belt or chest mounted. Mine came with a chest mount. Look for a good used one of either for about $800. They keep their value so that should tell you something about them.

Last edited:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry is used to a PI detector like the Minelab 5000 or TDI Pro for wee gold nuggets in the sub gram size. Although he occasionally will hit a good one near Wickenburg. After you do your research, you will come to the conclusion that there are really only 2 detectors that you will want for the beach and water, The Excaliber ll or the CZ 21. Both will discriminate and both have their unique qualities. Both are multifrequency detectors and are made for salt conditions. I just purchased a used CZ 21 and it is as effective as a TDI Pro for discriminating targets so that If I want to hit a soda stand area with tons of bottle caps and pulltabs, I can just pick up coins including nickles which the TDI will not in discrimination mode. The PIs are not as deep hitting as you will be told. The CZ 21 that I just bought will hit almost as deep as the TDI PI machine. I hunted the beaches of AL and FL last year with the TDI Pro and you will be amazed at the number of bobby pins you will find with a PI unit.The Excaliber is not as good in that kind of trashy area but will pick up a gold ring under an iron object. Each has it's points and both depths are about the same. The Excaliber always has a threshold, the CZ 21 does not and I like a quite hunt without having to listen to a tune in my headphones. Both can be belt or chest mounted. Mine came with a chest mount. Look for a good used one of either for about $800. They keep their value so that should tell you something about them.
Great info...Im like you, I cant stand a treshold hum.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread