Beach find / kids asking what it is!

Mrsh123

Greenie
Feb 23, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,thanks for adding me.

The kids found this on the beach in the northwest of the uk after an awful storm and are asking what it is. Can anyone help as one minute it looks volcanic on the picture then I see another and wonder if it’s from the sky.

Any help and I’d be really pleased.

4119F9A4-FC92-4C75-9C9E-1C7221A403E4.jpeg
41134A7B-F2DE-4343-ABE9-794C4F3F4885.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 8
OP
OP
M

Mrsh123

Greenie
Feb 23, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I think you’re right. I’m gonna look into it. Thanks

Just for fun ........
The Wombles are fictional pointy-nosed, furry creatures created by Elisabeth Beresford and originally appearing in a series of children's novels from 1968.[1] They live in burrows, where they aim to help the environment by collecting and recycling rubbish in creative ways. Although Wombles supposedly live in every country in the world, Beresford's stories are concerned with the lives of the inhabitants of the burrow on Wimbledon Common in London, England.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I found that in the area you say, and there is no evidence of human-made slag or other refuse such as would be made by an industrial incinerator of sorts, I would assume it was a tektite. Tektites are produced in massive quantities as a result of large fiery meteors impacting the earth. They are just melted sand - essentially a natural form of glass. In either case you either have a man-made type of glass or a space-made type of glass. I would go with the space-made theory.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread