Beach finds from this morning (7-9-05)

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got up early again and took a short ride to a local salt water beach, as I needed a change of scenery from my usual school and park finds. I stuck to dry sand, although everything was wet from the rain we got yesterday and last night. The ACE250 seemed to do very well on the beach sand, and I picked up 10Q, 5D, 3N, 10P, 1 ford car key, and one junk earring. Pic attached, and HAPPY HUNTING!!

Attachments

• Conimicut PT 7-9-05.JPG
    Conimicut PT 7-9-05.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 410
Upvote 0

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Nice haul. I set my alarm to go to the beach at 430a.m. to catch low tide, but we were getting pounded by one of the feeder bands from the hurricane. Gonna try to catch low tide at around 4p.m. this afternoon. Hopefully I can get some hunting in between the storms!

HH 8) surfrat

OP
OP
treasurekidd

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, Allen. I have a plastic 1/2 gallon Sunny D bottle that I turned into a piggy bank for pulltabs, it's about 1/2 full. My daughters girl scout troop collects them every year for the Ronald McDonald house charities, and I am determined that she will have the most next year, lol!!

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
Nice day of finds there.

I have heard that certain organizations take pulltabs, I'm not sure the amount, and its good for a kemo (sp?)treatment for cancer or some other like disease that needs regular teatments. Just food for thought.

GL & HH,

Dugholes

OP
OP
treasurekidd

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Ronald McDonald House Charity provides places for families of sick children to stay when their children are treated say, at an out of state hospital. It's a very noble cause, and it's much better than just throwing them away. Lots of schools and scout groups collect them for this charity, and there are drop off points at most McDonalds or at childrens hospitals.

Kansas

Jun 6, 2005
N.E. Kansas
treasurekidd... thats a great idea on what to do with all the tabs. I am going to check and see if they take them in Kansas. BTW... nice finds !
~Kansas~

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul!

HH

Lonewolfe

OP
OP
treasurekidd

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a link to the Ronald McDonald House pulltab collection program page:

http://www.rmhc.com/kids/poptab_collection/

For those who don't choose to check out the link, here is a line copied from their page:

- To date, over 400 million pop tabs have been collected, generating over $300,000.

Now that's a LOT of pulltabs you won't have to dig, and a lot of money for sick children.

You can click a link on the collection program page to find a Ronald McDonald House nearest to you. Even if the House is not close, you can call them and they will tell you where the closest pulltab collection point is (McDonalds rest, banks, schools, childrens hospitals, etc) There has to be a collection point close to almost everyone. Collect your pulltabs, put them in a piggy bank, and turn them in when full. Even if you collect them for a whole year,and it still seems like so few, every little bit helps when it comes to sick children and their families in need, so do it!! Besides, I know a lot of my fellow TH's that could probably fill a juice bottle full of pulltabs just with the beer consumed on weekends, lol, right guys,?? It's a worthy cause, so lets all chip in and put our arch enemy pulltabs to good use!! Heres a pic of my pulltab piggy bank!!

Attachments

• DSCN1384.JPG
    DSCN1384.JPG
    16.1 KB · Views: 319
  • DSCN1385.JPG
    DSCN1385.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 310

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a fair amont of clad ,kidd.Nice job!!,and good job getting the word out about the pull tabs.I give mine to my mother who gives them to a freind that receives time on a dialysis machine.I dont know how it works but she makes it easy for me.I just drop them off to her.HH

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Nice haul...you got enough clad there for a gallon-o-gas!....LOL>>>>HH.....JO

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit them all last week end. Pop tops, flip tops, crimp tops, screw on metal tops. I want to personally thank the guy who came up with the plastic cap!

ED

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread