West Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark Fisher 1265X

Attachments

• IM000685.JPG
    IM000685.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 606
Upvote 0
The long, non-tooth thing is a sting ray barb, the rest are various shark teeth, found South of Venice Beach, FL.

nice finds i found one of those before but you found a whole bunch

Those are neat! I've found a handful down near Myrtle Beach, South Carolina at what used to be called "the Swash" I love finding them. The best ones I've ever seen outside a museum are the ones a friend of mine found way inland in Rocky River in Concord, North Carolina. He found a 5 gallon bucket full in a day, many of which were bigger than the palm of my hand. He and his kids picked them up during a drought when the river was way down.

Cool finds!
Ramapirate

Great finds for one day. You say you were south of Venice beach. Were you hunting these near Sharkey's or were you farther down the coast toward Englewod? We spend every Summer in this area and love it. We usually stay in Rotunda and hit every beach between Fort Myers to Venice. Most people say Venice is the best for sharks teeth but I have had better luck at Englewood both for teeth and items to get with the metal detector. This part of Florida is perfect because there is always something interesting to find wether with your detector or not. Nice to hear someone else has had luck in this area.
Greg from Tennessee.

K60,

neat stuff; barbs and teeth.

Why no detector today?

How about some photos of the beach, for
us folks up North ;D

have a good un.............

Nice finds, when I used to go to Venice beach, I took my sand scoop and used it to pick up sharks teeth. Then nice thing at this beach, you can just walk along and pick them up.

Thanks for the post, brought back a lot of memories. Hopefully someday I'll get to go back down to Fla. and hunt the beaches again.

HH, Ringfinder

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back