Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well sometimes you run into unexpected things. You get a storm or hurricane that may be 300 miles off the coast but erodes the beach and creates cuts etc. I saw some 5 foot cuts in local paper while I was on vacation this week. The signals were few and far in between where I hunted the beach and wet sand at low tide. I thought to myself - something is wrong here. Well sure enough the next day, I saw bulldozers moving more dumped sand around on the beach. I would say the good targets were buried under a foot or more of new sand. I just laughed to myself and said well 'today is not the the day!', went back to the house and watched Savannah Harps on Youtube, cleaning up on Tybee Island this season, where my brother and his wife were staying all this month.

Timing is everything on the beach! You can't predict how quickly a window will disappear when it comes to beach hunting either. Had 6 days of sun and the seventh day it rained, we came home. The new hot tub at the house made up for the bust on the beach! :)

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread