Beach hunters

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Boy you beach hunters are soooo lucky!? Yes, I live in Florida but there are no beaches near me.? It's about a 2-1/2 hour drive to either coast for me.? The Springs and Rivers are off limits here because they are mostly State Parks.? So I am having to re-think my hunting strategy.? It is real hard to go ask someone to hunt their yard even if the property they own is empty! (At least for me it's hard)? I love hearing about the finds at the beach though so keep em' coming! ::)

Upvote 0

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hellio, i have the same problem going up to a complete stranger and saying "can i dig up your yard?", but i'm shure that if the grounds are not upkept or if you promise not to harm the ground by useing the knife method you can gain acces to many awsome properies.

Strand-Filter

Dec 10, 2005
Florida
mumszise, I've been to Live Oak on business a few times. You are right it is half way between Nothing and Nowhere. :D Still it is a pretty area.

As I recall there is a Swannee County museum in town. You may connect with the director or someone there that might suggest some sites for MDing. If you come acrosss any relics thay may put up a display with your finds.

Jays gave you a great site I. I will use the forms too.

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I've been to the museum already. One of the first places I went to. Alas, they can't (or won't) help me. People up here are not real friendly once you tell them that you like to use a metal detector. I don't know why... I'm thinking that they've had some bad experiences in the past? I don't know. They seem to be friendly until you mention that your hobby is metal detecting... then they clam up. :-[

Strand-Filter

Dec 10, 2005
Florida
Good Grief!! Sounds like they don't want you to find their moonshine still. >:(

I hope I get some other ideas for you.

In the mean time you might be on I-10 heading toward the beaches. 8)

Good luck.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Museum people cater to archaeologists which seem to be afraid they will run out of ground to lock up for their own interests.
Do they plan on doing a dig on the property in guestion? NO!!!! Archaeologists just need to get grants from the Gov. (free money, ours) This is how we lose more parks and properties to detecting, along with beginners and slobs leaving holes and damage where they detect.

Merry Christmas everyone.
If this offens you, move to another country. >:(

Sandman

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
You got that right Sandman.

I've already checked out the nearest beach to me... on the East coast anyway and it took me 2-1/2 hours to get to the Jacksonville beach. I'm not sure that it's going to be worth the gas money to go over there much but..... I definitely plan on going over a few times a year. I love the beach! As far as the West coast beaches... I haven't checked them out yet but going by the map it's going to be about the same distance.

I was just thinking about the schools and the county fairgrounds etc. If those are public offices (for the boards) and I know the schools are... then they have public meetings that I can attend and voice my opinion. Problem is... I'm not much of a public speaker. Probably wouldn't do any good anyway because I've always heard you can't fight city hall but.... I sure don't have to vote for them on the next election!

treasures4me2find

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2005
Murphy, N.C.
mumszie, how about taking to some of your neighbors, maybe you can detect on their property. Just a thought. Its ashame that your so far from the beaches. Any way good luck on your next hunt. Jays, I like the form also...thanks :)

Ken

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread