OP
OP
justicious

justicious

Jan 22, 2012
Delray Beach, Florida
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I live in Delray beach Florida and there are many tourist but I am new to detecting and I don't have a fancy detector. I could get to the beach many nights of the week for about 2 hours each time. I love the beach but I just relay want to be funding things its no fun to dig nothing. I have found a bit of clad and no trash because the beach is pretty clean.

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Makes no difference what time/tide of day you go ... Your uMax won't work without falsing like crazy in wet sand or the surf, so your stuck to hunting the dry sand, which is ok too as there is plenty of goodies to be found in it ... Crank your uMax sensitivity to the middle of 9 and 10 and set your discrim just a hair under the foil mark, sweep wide and slow and you'll be fine. Stick to the chair line as well as the towel line. If you discrim too high (foil or over) you'll miss the gold, so don't make that mistake!

PI PETE

Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Excal_1000 / Whites VX3 / Shadow 2-Troy / & Infinium L-S/Garrett / AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have a Infium L/S from Garret.

It's a pulse induction so it will work in wet salt water beach. Thing is I live by fresh water lakes so I use it in the water in the summers.

I cannot say anthing bad about the machine -It will tell me the difference between low conductors gold and high conductors.

Good Luck.

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi, the uMax is a killer on the dry - learn the discrimination by thumbing, you can just just sweep merrily over the iron trash - however I feel you will be gazing out to sea and wishing for it's gold in no time - it happened to me. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread