Beach Hunting - Homer, Alaska??

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
:) Anybody ever do any beach hunting around Homer, Alaska? I'll be spending 2 weeks there in June, 2008, acting as a driver for my 82 year old parents who want to visit one more time. I'll be fishing to but I'd like to do a little nugget shooting but doubt if there is any placer deposits around Homer. I'll be using a Minelab XT18000 as I figure the minerals and iron would drive my Excalibur NUTS! Or should I take the Excalibur? Thanks. ;)

Upvote 0

Mike Spicer

Jan 6, 2007
Kenai, AK - Eugene, OR - Topock, AZ
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, Excalibur, Ace 250, Detector pro
I do not think there are any gold nuggets on the beach in Homer. There is very fine gold on most of the beaches on the Kenai peninsula. The best places I know of that have nuggets on the Kenai are at Hope, Ak (Resurrection creek) and six mile creek. If you are driving to Kenai from Anchorage? The best place to go is Crow Creek Mine on Crow Creek at Girdwood, AK (located about 30mi from Anchorage. They do charge a small fee but new gold washes down every year. Alot of people camp on the beach on the Homer spit during the summer. should be something good there.

Hope this helps some, Good Luck
Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread