Detector(s) used
Tesio/ minelab XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

diggemallbill

Jul 29, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
new member, 1st time posting, also hunt the beaches with a newly purchased AT Pro and interestingly enough I have found that hunting in the coins, Pro mode works best. Of course as you mentioned accurate ground balancing is crucial. Awesome machine in and out of the water

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jonnythack

Jonnythack

Jun 22, 2014
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesio/ minelab XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay thanks guys!

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Easy, ground balance when to are on dry sand, ground balance when you hit the wet sand, and ground balance when it are in the water.

Turn sensitivity up until it chatters and then back it down until it chatters less.

That's it.

Learn to run without any discrimination at all. Discrimination just puts a veil over otherwise recognizable tones.

Get a scoop (on a long handle)...

ZigZag until you find quarters... then ride that line parallel to the water.

Good luck.

dustywallen

May 18, 2012
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and 350. Currently AT PRO.
Alright guys I am headed to the beach with my new AT Pro and need some help

What setting should I be setting it on

I know I need to ground balance frequently so any tips of that would be great also!!!
Thanks and happy hunting

I just got back from the beach and of course took my at pro. Learned that the machine does not do to good on wet sand. However I did dig a lot of trash on wet and dry. Looking back and after talking to an old timer I know. He said "just discrimate everything but foil", geez why did I not think of that. I dug more bottle caps and beer cans than anything. All I was wanting was a ring so, therefore I should've just been setup for a ring. Hope this helps, keep us posted.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of jewelry will fall outside of the foil scale so I would never just dig foil (mid tones). To find jewelry consistently, even on land, you have to dig everything above small iron. It takes time to learn how to tell when the target is a beer can or some other junk target.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jonnythack

Jonnythack

Jun 22, 2014
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesio/ minelab XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks fellas. I will see what happens next week.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I def wouldn't be aiming for just foil.... silver and coins will ring much higher. And suppose it's a nice watch? There will be some low tones in there.

Bquamb

Dec 29, 2014
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, EQ 800, AT-Pro, Xterra-505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Salt you will get a lot of extra Faux signals, at least here on Vancouver Island we get chatter as we have very mineralized soils and beaches, if fresh water, GB when ever you see the ground change. IE: Rock patterns, sand, pea gravel, and the liking, GB GB GB, if Salt water, go the same direction as the water, like if you were walking towards the water, that's the way you should swing, walking sideways, front and back. this way the water under even if on the beach doesn't interfere with the current GB and it stays "More consistent" At least with my trials and errors of the ATP =D

Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions