Is it feasable to splice CTX end connector to GG ATPro Amphibian headphones?

Jackalope

Jun 27, 2009
Oahu, HI
Detector(s) used
White's, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seems like if you had the correct CTX connector fitting it could replace the ATPro GG Amphibian headphones connector and with some epoxy and shrink wrap the splice would be waterproof.

I have the GG Underwater headphones but they are weak audibly.

Anyone know how it could be done? Is there a step-by-step tutorial on such a project (wouldn't have to be with the GGA, could be any underwater headphone)?

Thanks,

Jackalope

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you saying that you are currently using the GG Underwater phones for the CTX 3030 but they are not loud enough? If not, they make a set just for it.... if you are, perhaps that there is a problem with your set that is creating this issue.

Another thought here: I'm not going to speak for Gary at Detector Pro, but if you do decide to cut up a pair of headphones before doing that I'd suggest calling him.... he may be able to make you a custom set of phones (???) or figure out how to get more volume out of your current set. It would be worth at least asking some questions.

OP
OP
Jackalope

Jackalope

Jun 27, 2009
Oahu, HI
Detector(s) used
White's, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, that's correct. The GG Underwater headphones are not loud enough to my liking. They also appear to have a short that causes the phones to go dead intermittently and then turn back on after several minutes. I've found that pressing on the plastic housing will get the audio to return. I also find them rather uncomfortable.

I was thinking of buying another brand of UW phones, cut off the end fitting, splice on the CTX fitting, and shrinkwrap it for waterproofness. If someone has a better way I'm all ears.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread