BEACH IN OKINAWA

OP
OP
The Master Chief

The Master Chief

Jan 10, 2005
CA
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Equinox 800/Mine Lab Gold Monster 1000/ Mine Lab Pro Find 35/Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow forgot to put the pics in. Sorry. Kevin

OP
OP
The Master Chief

The Master Chief

Jan 10, 2005
CA
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Equinox 800/Mine Lab Gold Monster 1000/ Mine Lab Pro Find 35/Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TOWcritter, The first beach is called Zanpa beach with a great hotel in the forground, can't see it though. The second beach is Tiger beach going north on 58. I am US Navy here in Okinawa with 2 years before retirement. I have also included a link for you to look at some of the great beaches Okinawa offers.

http://www.japanupdate.com/en/?p=beaches

zommbee

Jan 31, 2005
Tacoma, WA
I've spent a lot of time in Kwajalein Atol (Kwaj, Ebeye, and Majuro) - we used
to refer to water like that as 'pools of warm Windex' - sure looks like it!

Dave
Zommbee

L

Lostplot

Hya mate

I am new to this forum and also live in Japan...two years on Shikoku and 1 year here in Nagano :)...do you do any hunting around over here for anything mate?

Cheers

Lee
p.s. I`m an English teacher...are there any English schools in your area?...wouldn`t mind a short spell in the tropics ;)

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
hubus and land mines---becareful good luck ---yep WW II war stuff .

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
KevinH,
Thanks for the pics. Brought back A LOT of memories. I was stationed in the Navy at NSGA Hanza, just above Torii Station from Jun 74 until Feb 76. Back then, BC Street in Kadena was absolutely wild! But those stories are better not told.... ;D

Thanks again...great pics...great place, too!
--Mel

Bassfish

Jul 12, 2006
I was born there in late 1968 (dad was in the air force). I plan to return someday. Beautiful pics.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was stationed at Kadena AFB in 68-70 before it was returned to Japan. I am sure quite different now compared to then. ;D

I use to find a lot of WWII stuff on the beaches then at low tides. Use to find spent US 30 cal machine gun bullet casings in the water and on the beach where the marines hit the beach. They also found an abandon Japanese field hospital inside a cave on a small hill off of the base golf course.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions