beach vs water for fla winter

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
after several seasons i keep debating the most lucrative areas to hunt at the ocean beaches.

especially as the whole state seems to be quite sanded in in the water.

who out there feels that the water is the place to be regardless ?

i did feel this way . but recently i decided the sanded conditions, plus the lack of bathers this time of

year. puts the dry sand at least equal.and regardless of whether im hunting land or water

i always include some wet sand hunting along w either.

the water has gold no doubt. but , heavily huNted in season and that which escaped would prob be pretty deep now.

most any new drops would be dry sand but fewer because of usual reasons. like shrinking wet fingers

SO WEIGH IN HERE AND SAY WHAT U THINK

Upvote 0

JAN2011

Apr 21, 2009
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
White's DFX - MXT - Excalibur II
Beaches here in Puerto Rico heavily sanded in , (at least on the north side of the island). Having better luck on the dry sand at the present time since the weather year round doesn't affect the number of beach goers. Water is best here though when we get some deep cuts, (got two cremation tags the same day recently on a beach where a lot of tourists go which was pretty surreal). All in all when the conditions are right, I'll take the water over the dry sand any day.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As you said conditions change and we need to be flexable too. I used to think all the jewelry came off in the water and only the tides made it show up in the wet sand if there were no major storms.

johnmarkham15

Dec 17, 2010
pataskala ohio
Detector(s) used
min lab excalibur 2 1000/garret ace 250/pinpointer pro
ok heres my thoughts,just came down from ohio for a couple of weeks for work play and check on my sons in my home here in kissimmee,been hitting local beaches here,yes very sanded in,still finding some clad deep at shoreline,but no bling as of today..dry sand is a great spot to hunt anytime of the year, as people lose things there too,as are the entry ways to the beach,water is cold and yes targets might be deep,but if you have a thick wet suit,id still try the water,things are always moving,you just might find those gold rings..
good luck to all
john

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions