Beach with jetties...

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Just had a thought here. My buddy and I went out on a hunt yesterday. Not much luck. We did find a deposit of clad just beside a jettie though. Is this more of a collection point? I figured we found to much random change for it to be a spill.

The beach is very rocky and a lotta mineralization. My question is if the clad washes up above surf line....wheres the gold? Obviously lower somewhere...or in same spot just deeper?

Another Problem is digging targets in rocky knee deep water. Any techniques in that department?

Scoop is of no use in that terrain. Where we found the clad we were able to use a hand held scoop and a long handled one. About 2 dollars in dimes, nickles and pennies. I found one fresh dropped canadian quarter.

I can't wait to go back here there are like a dozen jetties...we didn't get to explore much as it was sort of end of day hunt. Id like to be better prepared for next trip there.

Upvote 0

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
jetties are "traps" and catch things ---without a doubt if the currents wash stuff towards the jetty from a nearby beach --stuff will pool there forming "pockets" of deposits -- gold is of course heavier than clad type coinage but the same basic thing could be occuring as well with gold items -- good using of yer smarts :wink: :icon_thumright:

using a wet suit to avoid the cuts and nicls of the rocks might help -- it will be tough going but gold don't come easy --it might be deeper in the same area or farther out a bit --hard to say being i can not judge the site first hand

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another Problem is digging targets in rocky knee deep water. Any techniques in that department?

Scoop is of no use in that terrain.

Get a shovel with a good point on it. Make a strainer that floats. Dig hard and quick!

OP
OP
jyt2017

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
This beach layout is weird. 25 percent sandy...scoop works. In the water...where many targets are...there are rocks dude...rocks. I mean some are like 50 pounders. :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:

Maybe clear them away and dig whats possible. Gotta figure this out. Cause due to the effort...I know stuff is there. Just sittin.

HH -Joe

surfnturf said:

Scoop is of no use in that terrain.

Get a shovel with a good point on it. Make a strainer that floats. Dig hard and quick!

goldfever

Nov 6, 2009
If you get a signal in the boulders. Move one of the measly 50lb boulders out of the way, ( I regularly move 200lb boulders). Clear just enough to get your coil in there to pinpoint. Then I use my hands (with golves on) to scoop out the sand/' gravel until I get my target. I have pulled out many of gold rings this way. It's really fun to grab a handful of sand, pull it out of the water, and open your hand and see a gold ring !!

[/quote]
[/quote]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread