Beaches Have Spoiled Me!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not hunted away from water for a long time but hit a local park today and quickly discovered that, "beaches have spoiled me". It was hot, muggy, buggy, and soooo much trash. All I could think of was being in the cool water under that hot sun, sand under my feet, a bottom below me that was fairly free of shreaded pop cans and hunks of over cooked foil. Popped a few coins, a brass charm bracelet whistle, and a few other token items of interest, but really wasn't enjoying the hunt. I fear I've been spoiled beyond repair. God save the beaches! :dontknow:

Upvote 0

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur, Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ-6a
bigscoop said:
Not hunted away from water for a long time but hit a local park today and quickly discovered that, "beaches have spoiled me". It was hot, muggy, buggy, and soooo much trash. All I could think of was being in the cool water under that hot sun, sand under my feet, a bottom below me that was fairly free of shreaded pop cans and hunks of over cooked foil. Popped a few coins, a brass charm bracelet whistle, and a few other token items of interest, but really wasn't enjoying the hunt. I fear I've been spoiled beyond repair. God save the beaches! :dontknow:

Oh yeah....I can definitely empathize with you once you get into that water/surf/sand environment it is real hard to go back to inland hunting....Glad that we still dig old coins here on the Jersey Shore (so that I get that itch scratched)...Soooo I'm with ya Bro !!

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2009
Far, Far Away
bigscoop said:

You forgot to mention the dog and cat poop, occasional red ant nests, the dust, wondering if someone peed where you're digging and of course worrying about digging too many holes and getting in trouble...need I go on. Yes, the ocean is bluer on the other side. ;D

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plus when you consider when the knees, and back go you don't have to bend down again because you have a long handle scoop. The water is relaxing and the eye candy is nice too. :laughing7:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
...And of course people don't pee in the sea! Parks don't suffer from raw sewage pumped 12 miles out drifting back in! :wink:

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
Dano Sverige said:
...And of course people don't pee in the sea! Parks don't suffer from raw sewage pumped 12 miles out drifting back in! :wink:

People sometimes do number two's behind trees :-\

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if your gonna worry about the water, then you will also need to think about what the cook or server did to your drink or food, whats in your hot dog etc:
beach/waterhunting has spoiled me as well!!!!!!! old coins and relics are nice but i now spend 95% of my detecting time in the water!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread