Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just wanted to thank you Beachkid, for sending me over the VFW Hats. it really means alot to me that you went out of your way to do this. Im planning on making a Display to honor my grandfather, and this was a perfect fit for his later years. Again, thank you so much!

You're welcome I'm glad you can enjoy them. my grandfather still around he's 96 World War II vet and I don't get to see him very often. He has really bad memory loss too so when I do get to see him it's like he remembers everything from the war and before and nothing after. But it was always a part of my growing up I loved hearing his stories and definitely one thing I miss after moving to Florida and living here for 10 years is not being able to have my kids experience them as much.

So I'm glad you can use them and if you have kids hopefully I'll get to hear the stories as well.

OP
OP
Diggin-N-Dumps

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're welcome I'm glad you can enjoy them. my grandfather still around he's 96 World War II vet and I don't get to see him very often. He has really bad memory loss too so when I do get to see him it's like he remembers everything from the war and before and nothing after. But it was always a part of my growing up I loved hearing his stories and definitely one thing I miss after moving to Florida and living here for 10 years is not being able to have my kids experience them as much.

So I'm glad you can use them and if you have kids hopefully I'll get to hear the stories as well.

Oh yes, Im mainly doing this for my children, My Grandparents were my biggest influences in my life, In fact when I was around 8 or so, My grandmother was the one that introduced to me to Coin roll Hunting..lol

But they were a huge impact on me, and after my Grandmother passed (unexpectedly) my grandfather had remarried and moved to Bushnell. So I really didn't get to see him much. But I want his legacy to live on

Please PM me your name so i can send you something in return for your generosity.

Punatic

Feb 25, 2014
norcal
Primary Interest:
Other
Reading this compelled me to post as well...

My grandparents where the stalwarts of the family and what kept everything together. They taught me manners, politics, compassion, how to enjoy the little things in life and collecting! I still have a few very cool pieces that I took when I cleaned out their estate...more importantly I am able to pass on all the values and life lessons they taught me onto my 3 year old!

Well played beachkid...and thanks for giving me the venue to remember my dear grandparents :)

mjm579

Jan 6, 2013
Montgomery County, PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're welcome I'm glad you can enjoy them. my grandfather still around he's 96 World War II vet and I don't get to see him very often. He has really bad memory loss too so when I do get to see him it's like he remembers everything from the war and before and nothing after. But it was always a part of my growing up I loved hearing his stories and definitely one thing I miss after moving to Florida and living here for 10 years is not being able to have my kids experience them as much. So I'm glad you can use them and if you have kids hopefully I'll get to hear the stories as well.

This post makes my heart melt. My pappy is 94. I try to visit him every time I'm home. He's still living on his own, though my aunt is contemplating putting him in a home soon. His dementia is getting worse and we all worry terribly about him. My oldest son heard he was in a war, he is 8. My grandfather was in the Korean War and was a "gunner" on the back of a helicopter. My dad says that he doesn't like to talk about it bc of the bad memories it brings back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread